I feel like I have my life back.

Options
I have been doing this fitness plan for 2 weeks and feel like I have my life back in me. Today I went fishing and was able to walk from my vehicle to the end of the pier and down the ramp and same going back to the car and not once was I out of breath or sore. I usually would be. I don't even want to sit when I'm home. I sit for a few minutes and I'm up wanting to do something. I'm energetic and I feel like a changed person. And that is just within 2 weeks of starting this. I guess that is what happens when you stop eating burgers, fries, bowls of icecream and drinking tons of soda. I can't wait to start shedding lbs and get my weight down. I have a loooong ways to go but the people here are very supportive and nice. I also have my family, bf and daughter that supports me. Support definitely helps. :)

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    funny how your habits get tweaked little by little. i felt bad the other day, but didn't go lie down--i went for a walk in the fresh air and it worked. think differently and make different, more active choices. it's a neat discovery, isn't it?

good luck to you!:smile:
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    What a great feeling, right? I know how you feel. I'm at 9 weeks and can't get over it. The support is definitely wonderful. Keep up the progress!!:wink:
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Me too! I just started a couple of weeks ago and really just started the exercise part in the last week but I'm feeling so good. I have severe back issues and have dealt with breast cancer in the last year, and I haven't felt this good in a long time. Life is grand! Good job and keep it up!!
  • Sara1478
    Sara1478 Posts: 21
    Options
    Me too! I started a few weeks back off MFP and am now a few days in. I started Taekwondo and at first nearly dropped dead with every class. Now I use my excercise bike during the off days, JUST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just started a couple of weeks ago and really just started the exercise part in the last week but I'm feeling so good. I have severe back issues and have dealt with breast cancer in the last year, and I haven't felt this good in a long time. Life is grand! Good job and keep it up!!

I am so glad you are on this site! Eating lots of fruits and veggies, drinking lots of fluids, and cutting way back on saturated fats, etc., are wonderful ways to help your body come back after the surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, or any combination of those treatments. Good timing! I'm a breast cancer survivor (since 2001). With this healthy diet, exercise, and reducing your weight (cancer cells love fat and the estrogens that come with it.), you give yourself that extra edge against any cancer recurrence.
    Hugs, :drinker: (water)
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    funny how your habits get tweaked little by little. i felt bad the other day, but didn't go lie down--i went for a walk in the fresh air and it worked. think differently and make different, more active choices. it's a neat discovery, isn't it?

good luck to you!:smile:

Yes it does make a difference. All just by changing my eating habits. Now I'm starting my exercise program tomorrow. Very, very cool!
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Wow, good job. You have def come a long ways. I hope things are fine now for you. And yes, life is or can be grand with the right choices. :)