315lbs, it's time to drop the fat!

Options
I am a 31 year old male from Leeds, UK, i am 6ft 1ins tall, and 315lbs in weight. My plan is to drop a LOT of weight for the obvious reasons, i wish to end up around 180lbs. I intend to do this by using the insanity workout and diet plan. I have worked out before, i used to play a lot of rugby so have seen my fair share of hard workouts. I gained a lot of weight when i was placed on anti phsycotics a few years ago, i was around 200lbs then so have gained a lot of weight. It's taken me a while to recover from my mental illness. My blood pressure is slightly high so i have bought myself a heart rate monitor to be on the safe side. I used the herbalife belly buster plan for the last 10 days to give me a bit of a boost. Day 1 for insanity will be Monday, so wish me luck! I plan on doing Tough Mudder, a 12 mile assault course in aid of Help for heroes in September so this should set me up for then. Any guidence or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Regards, Jonny.

Replies

• llyakl88
    llyakl88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I've lost 4 stone in 7 months thanks to healthy eating and Insanity.
    Still have 3 stone to lose but its amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!

Good luck and keep us posted! Also I'm part of an amazing Facebook group filled with people on Team Beachbody programmes including Insanity. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining =)
  • SandyRevolution
    Options
    Welcome, Jonny. We're in the same boat, with a lot of weight to lose and good reasons for doing it. I've only been active here for a week, but I lost (and regained) 122 pounds last year with Weight Watchers, so I've definitely been around the block a few times. The main thing I learned when I gained it all back was to try not to allow the plan to *become* my life. It's just one part of my life. You have to view the changes as lifelong. I track everything that has more than five calories. I forgive myself when I don't work out as hard as I know I should. I try as hard as I can to stick to my daily calorie allotment, no matter what. I simply go to bed when late night cravings hit (when I'm not truly hungry). I don't get stuck in the moment; I focus on the long-term aspect of losing weight. It's all a process.

Best of luck to you! We can all do this if we try hard enough.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Considering you've worked out and dieted before the advice I can give is the following.

-Limit the dairy.
    (Preferably none. No more then 1 serving/week. Lots of fat & sugar. Skim milk is fine. Though like if the fruit eat it before you work out so that way you can burn it off quickly and it won't have time to store in your body.)

-Get rid of the alcohol.
    (Worst thing you can do on a diet.)

-Limit your sodium intake.
    (Too much salt can result in water retention. Considering most of the human body is made of water there's a large potential to keep on a lot of water weight.)

-Limit your fruit intake to 1 serving/day because fruit does have sugar in it.
    (I always eat my fruit before I work out that way I can burn it off without the worry of it storing and converting to fat.)

-You could start off lifting light-medium weights and do more reps (15-20 reps/3-4 sets) until you get to where you want at your lightest then once your there you can convert back to the heavy weights and put on tons of muscle if you want to.
    (That's my plan anyway.)

-Mix up your work outs monthly so that way your body doesn't have time to get used to them.
    (Always want to make sure your work outs are challenging that way you continue to burn more calories and your outcome raises to lose more weight.)

Other then that work out, pay attention/record what you eat and set yourself goals even once you reach your initial goal because if you don't have goals it gets boring and could run that risk of losing your motivational drive.

Take it from me.
    1st Time:
    287 lbs - 205 lbs = 82 lbs lost.

2nd Time (Currently):
    260 lbs - 180 lbs = 80 lbs lost.
    Goal: 170 lbs
    [Though we'll see how far the Navy gets me at my lightest after boot camp.]

Good luck friend.
    You can add me for support.
    :D
  • jonathanmhobson
    jonathanmhobson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cheers peeps i'm really up for this, thanks for the motivation!
  • willrac
    willrac Posts: 4
    Options
    -Get rid of the alcohol.

This is what i need to do most of all.
    no im not an alcoholic, but i do like alcohol.
  • jonathanmhobson
    jonathanmhobson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    -Get rid of the alcohol.

This is what i need to do most of all.
    no im not an alcoholic, but i do like alcohol.

It may be hard considering i brew wine. I currently have 23 litres of Rose' wine fermenting in the bathroom, and a gallon of apricot wine fermenting in the kitchen next to the radiator :noway: :laugh: