Belly Fat

Options
I have been losing weight, but cannot find anything that works the mid part of my belly. I have 5 children so I have a lot of fat in that area. Can someone give me some ideas on what exercises would work that specific area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You would think you could target JUST the stomach... I mean it is such a predominate part of our bodies. But, sadly, this is just not possible!

Working out the entire body trims the unwanted stomach flab. In order to trim it down well and fast, you have to work major muscle groups all over your body, but especially your back. working the upper and lower back will help stomach fat tremendously! I konw it doesn't make sense, but there are some serious fat burning muscules back there and when they're working, it works for you everywhere.

Aerobic activity is your next target goal. Elevating that heart rate is one of your greatest advantages. I suggest circuit training. It has done WONDERS for me.

Then the obvious answer is to target the abs with crunches and sit ups... even push ups work abs. Working your core is is key, but it cannot be done alone with good results.

I would HIGHLY suggest the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Micheals. It's a 20 minute workout that will kill you for the first 3 days. Then by day 4, it's easier. Then by day 7, you've done some significant reshaping... if you're giving it your all.

You must watch what you eat while trimming the fat. You can't undo all the work you've done. It WILL come off. I have found it to be so with me, shockingly. I just can't believe how well it's working!

Good luck! Hope you're shocked too! Hope you get more than you dreamed of...
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I look constantly pregnant, so, I have started crunched.. side to side crunches as well.. I do them in the sauna at the pool, that is supposed to help.. who knows?
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    after my 2nd baby who i had in dec 09 my belly was bad, esp overhanging!
    when started exercising in jan i never done any work out that only focused on my belly area. I started with wii fit plus, then biggest loser game. I started going on bike starting with 10min at time recentlybought cross train. My overhang come in & shorthen alot! My belly looks tighter :)
  • jdayl
    jdayl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The only way to trim up the tummy is to lose body fat overall, unfortunately we can't decide where the body takes off the weight first and those of us who gain in the mid section tend to lose in that area last, don't let that discourage you. Core and abdominal exercises will strengthen the area and full body workouts including resistance training will add lean muscle mass which will burn more calories. Ultimately exercise a good diet and patience is the way to lose belly fat.
  • F4play
    F4play Posts: 21
    Options
    First place it goes on is the last place it comes off - situps will just give you back ache excercise by working your whole body as often a you can

Good luck with it
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and crunches and situps dont really work, help, any ideas?
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try using a stabiliity ball. Make sure that it is the correct size otherwise it's no use. Sit on the ball so your knees are parallel, roll your tush down until your tail bone is in the ball and your tush is sort of hanging off and do crunches that way. I have lost about 90 lbs now and the hanging belly is one of my biggest problems and this has been working for me. Not all bodies are built the same though so this may not be your exercise but it has certainly started to work for me.