abdominal weight loss!

Options
Hey guys! Forgive me if someone else had posted this topic at one point,

I am having a major problem it seems reducing the fat around my abdomen. I have lost around 50lbs - I am also 6ft tall. It seems I have lost most of my weight everywhere else - I try to do situps, weights reverse sit ups, side crunches with weights and yoga ball exercises - I also do a tonne of cardio.... any other recomendations to help?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where to lose from and you can't do specific exercises or eat certain foods to lose from a specific area. You just have to focus on losing overall body fat.

I can't tell by your profile whether you are male or female... if you are female, the belly is normally the last to go for us.
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    Ease up on the cardio and start lifting weights. A lot of times that belly flab will melt when weight training is incorporated into your workout routine. Also make sure you are drinking enough water....8+ a day.

Like someone else said, we can't choose where our body will metabolize fat from.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sorry to say it's a case of having to lose weight all over, although heavy lifting will give you some serious body recomposition. It always seems like where we want the weight to go first is where it goes last. Good luck!
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    Hey guys! Forgive me if someone else had posted this topic at one point,

I am having a major problem it seems reducing the fat around my abdomen. I have lost around 50lbs - I am also 6ft tall. It seems I have lost most of my weight everywhere else - I try to do situps, weights reverse sit ups, side crunches with weights and yoga ball exercises - I also do a tonne of cardio.... any other recomendations to help?
    I've had this same problem. Even after years of steady working out still nothing from exercise alone. Then I tried the low carb thing, that seemed to help a little, nothing noticeable, after that I cut out all sugar and BAM like magic I started losing from my belly and about 5lbs in 2 weeks after being at a plateau for 8 months! I cant see your food diary but remember abs happen 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym.
  • dollylohaze
    Options
    Yup. Eat clean and lift heavy :) squats are a personal favourite of mine. You don't see much on the scale, at ALL, but people at work keep asking me what diet I'm on and to tell them about my workout regime. And I work with a LOT of catty competitive women.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ... if you are female, the belly is normally the last to go for us.

This. Practically all of the last 10 or 12 pounds I lost came from the only area of major fat deposits I had left: the abdomen. I'd been doing core strengthening exercises all along and not seeing much of a benefit... until the fat was thinned out. Then I was glad I'd put in the effort.
  • kopoba11
    kopoba11 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been experimenting a lot.

The fastest weight loss happens (for me personally) when I cut sugar, pasta, bread, starchy things, fruits (high on sugar), nuts and eat veggies and lean meats - easy 2lb/week and recommended calorie deficit

As soon as I add fruits and nuts - 1lb/week with calorie deficit

If I do not change my diet and eat everything and just do calories deficit, I have to go way low as compare to recommended calories per day.
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where to lose from and you can't do specific exercises or eat certain foods to lose from a specific area. You just have to focus on losing overall body fat.

I can't tell by your profile whether you are male or female... if you are female, the belly is normally the last to go for us.

Yess I am a woman haha 22 years of age :) sorry I didnt specify!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all your help guys :) and yes I have been lifting heavy perhaps it is my diet - I tend to eat a bit of every food group.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    First on, last off.