A Question to MFP (and members/ friends opinions please!)

Options
Hello MFP Community & my friends that are giving their all just like me to change our lives! First off, bravo to MFP for offering ALL of us this wonderful free online service. I can honestly say that by just tracking what I eat (and sometimes the caloric nitemare that I see follow in my columns once I post each food :P ), and by tracking my exercise daily it helps me SOOOOO much when I want to grab that ice cream bar or candy bar. Many times I have now found myself going to MFP - foods and entering the candy bar (for example) that I want, then seeing the disasterous effects it can have, and putting it down MUCH easier than ever before. I've found that if I am completely honest to myself and dont cheat, I am really happy with myself.
Now, here is the point I am slowly getting to. This question is for the good folk at MFP. Is it possible to start including what vitamins and minerals we get by eating certain foods? I realize it would be improbable to say that I get X amount of vitamin C from eating an orange. But my thought is, it would be nice if there was an "other" column next to calories, sodium, carbs, proteins that would say something like:
Orange (Seedless/Medium) : Vitamin C; Vitamin A; Calcium; Potassium (without the percentages would be great!)
or
Mushroom (****ake) : Pantothenic Acid; Riboflavin; Niacin; Vitamin B6; Potassium; Selenium; Copper; etc.
or
Egg (Hard Boiled): Vitamin B; Lutein; etc
or
Hamburger (Angus / 90/10): Iron; Niacin; B12; B6; Zinc; Selenium; Magnesium; Vitamin E, Vitamin K, etc)

PLEASE do not take this post as detracting from the WONDERFUL service you provide to all of us. I truly truly truly appreciate your website & I use it daily & it HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY.
I just often note that some of my friends that do work out regularly, speak of what vitamins and minerals they need (and on some occasions lack) and even without the percentage of each vitamin/mineral each specific food has, it may be nice to just be able to see those positive attributes to a food, along with the worrisome ones like Sugar Content and Sodium Content.
This is just me brainstorming, and again I THANK YOU MFP and all the wonderful people I've met on here!!
God Bless
XoXo, Sandy

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    There's already one.... On the app it's there all the time. On the web version you have to go in your settings.
  • SandyHKSunshine
    Options
    There's already one.... On the app it's there all the time. On the web version you have to go in your settings.

Wow, Thank YOU!!!!! I had no idea that was there at all. Now I feel like a dummy :)
    I really appreciate your getting right back to me on this! Thats wonderful! I often read about the good benefits of some foods and its nice to see that!
    Thanks again!!
    XoXo, Sandy