Brown rice recipe

Options
Anybody have a good brown rice recipe? Also if you could provide the nutrition information for the recipe, i'd appreciate it!

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Anybody have a good brown rice recipe? Also if you could provide the nutrition information for the recipe, i'd appreciate it!

1 cup of Water
    1 cup of Brown Rice

Stir
    Bring to a boil
    Simmer for 30 min.

Eat
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :noway:

boiling water, brown rice, salt. the end.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    :noway:

boiling water, brown rice, salt. the end.

No you are ruining it with salt...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    rice cooker?
  • SoupeyBum
    Options
    bump
  • JessicaNicoleSo
    Options
    LOL thanks for the replies.. I clearly know how to make rice, i'm not completely dumb. LOL that made me feel like i need step by step instructions. Like get out the pan measure this.. I meant ways to spice it up, meals to add it to like chicken etc. something full in flavor..

STIR FRY? Something good.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    LOL thanks for the replies.. I clearly know how to make rice, i'm not completely dumb. LOL that made me feel like i need step by step instructions. Like get out the pan measure this.. I meant ways to spice it up, meals to add it to like chicken etc. something full in flavor..

STIR FRY? Something good.
    Shrimp...wait no BACON!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep, here y'go:
    whilst the rice is cookinng, stir fry in a wok or similer the following:
    15mls light oil
    Sliced red and green bell pepper
    chopped garlic clove
    one red chilli - more or less to your heat tolerance!
    Chopped onion
    Sliced mushroom

When veggies are "al dente" throw in 30mls reduced salt soy sauce and one teaspoon of honey.
    Squeeze in the juice of half a lime, and 15mls of fish or oyster sauce.
    Now add the rice. Stir over gently as not to break up the rice.
    Top with half a dozen plain shrimp if you want some protein.

That's my Thai style brown rice salad.
    Enjoy.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice cooked with a stock cube in the water. I know it's high in salt, but so worth it!!!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    This was the first brown rice recipe I ever tried (never been a huge fan of it and was testing the waters), and I definately plan on making it again :happy:

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/04/recipe-for-greek-inspired-leftover.html
  • jennjenn07
    jennjenn07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I COOK THE BROWN RICE AND THEN ADD SOME BLACK BEANS AND CORN...AFTER IT COOKS FOR A FEW MINS THEN I ADD A COUPLE OF SLICES OF AVOCADO..VERY YUMMY (AND I KNEW YOU KNEW HOW TO COOK THE RICE!!..I KNEW WHAT YOU MEANT :)
  • Daiseydonna
    Options
    While the rice is cooking I throw in a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and one forth cup of low sodium chicken broth. I also throw in some leftover chicken. I love it. I eat less than a cup of it and it fills me up. I might have a salad or an apple.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I stuff portabello mushrooms,aubergines,or tomatoes wiith cooked brown rice, herbs, and some parmesan or gruyere mixed with some breadcrumbs as a topping. This is usually a main low calorie dish but goes well with meat or fish.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These are great! Thanks.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch I heated up 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup pinto beans (canned rinsed beans), 1/8 cup corn and 1/8 cup diced tomatoes with green chili (I used Rotel). Heated that up on the stove, then stirred in 1/2 cup cooked brown rice into it, and topped it with 1 ounce pepper jack cheese. Filling and just over 300 calories. You could cut out 100 of those cals if you don't add cheese.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    After cooking mix in canned green chiles, 1/2 cup or so of crushed tomatoes, season with S&P and cumin. Stuff a bell pepper that has been cleaned out of ribs and seeds with the rice. Top with some shredded cheese if you so desire. Bake 350 deg. F for 30 minutes or until pepper is soft.

Yum!
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I add a can of diced tomatoes and taco seasoning to a 3-4 cups of cooked brown rice. Heat it through so the tomatoes are hot and eat it with your favorite Mexican dish.
  • emtmissie1
    emtmissie1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always cook my rice in chicken broth...tasts better!!!