push ups!

Options
I know this is a very tiny success but it makes me so unbelievably happy!! :)
i've been doing the 30 days shred for about a week now and i can finally do push ups (still on the knees, but still!! )!!!!
i've always had so many problems in school not being able to do them, my teachers wouldnt understand and i'd just feel so ashamed in front of all the students!

I am so happy right now, I feel like not only am I loosing weight but also becoming much stronger!!

:)

Replies

• NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome. Keep it up.
  • LeticiaP268
    LeticiaP268 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Even though you are doing them on your knees you are still doing it!! I alternate between knees and not so no shame in that at all.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congratulations!!! Don't ever sell yourself short, tiny successes are what keep us all going. :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!

That's a great success! Keep it up!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up and before you know it you'll be on your toes :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

It must feel nice to accomplish such a task after struggling with it for so long. You should be very proud!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up and before you know it you'll be on your toes :)

SO true!! Last year I struggled, even on my knees. A year later I'm doing 30 on my toes!! I do have to break them up in groups of 10's with about 30 seconds to a minutes rest in between but none the less I can do them!! Next step is NO rest in between!! Keep up the GREAT work!!:smile:
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    Good job!! I know what you mean. My arms have gotten a lot stronger since starting 30 DS
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You should definitely be proud!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Excellent - feels great doesn't it!
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's awesome! I'm on day 3 of 30ds and LOVING it. the bicycle crunches are what kills me, so this is great motivation for me to make it to day 10! keep it up!
  • positivelypositive
    Options
    this may sound silly, but whats the 30 day shred?!
  • HomeBody52
    Options
    That's awesome!

I never could do push ups, either. No muscles in these arms of mine. Last night, after several weeks of www.hundredpushups.com, I managed 50 "kitchen sink" push ups without stopping (hands on the kitchen sink)! WooHoo! And after seeing this topic, I tried knee push ups and managed to do four! Wheeeee!
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    this may sound silly, but whats the 30 day shred?!

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I've recently had this success as well :smile:. I can finally do knee push-ups with good form.

And I know exactly what you're talking about with gym teachers that really don't understand and think you're making it up. I couldn't do push ups or sit ups during what we called the Canada Fitness Test, and I have never been so ashamed. That was one of the biggest reasons I learned to hate gym and trying in front of other people.

Here's to the day when we can do full, unmodified push ups!!
  • AskTheStorm
    Options
    Awesome :D Just wait until you can do them without your knees! Congrats!
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats! I too am just now getting to where I can do push-ups. It is a great accomplishment, 30 Day Shred is a great workout.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No small feat in my book!!! It took me a couple of weeks of hard work to be able to do push ups. Not much strength in my arms but getting better. Keep up the good work! And no, it's not a small thing.
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know this is a very tiny success but it makes me so unbelievably happy!! :)
    i've been doing the 30 days shred for about a week now and i can finally do push ups (still on the knees, but still!! )!!!!
    i've always had so many problems in school not being able to do them, my teachers wouldnt understand and i'd just feel so ashamed in front of all the students!

I am so happy right now, I feel like not only am I loosing weight but also becoming much stronger!!

:)

I am in the same boat! I finally can do push ups on knees and though it's only 5 right now, I know that I will up those numbers in the long run and do "real" pushups! I've been doing Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd
    Great job!!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    By the end you'll be able to do them the advanced way! Keep it up! There are some moves in there I never thought I could do (plank jacks, renegade rows, etc.) but by the end I was doing them! And I'm still technically obese, so it can definitely be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!