Why aren't I loosing weight?

Options
I've been stuck on the same weight, 147lbs for about a week now, I don't understand.. I've been eating 1200 calories a day and have been doing lots of exercise, (except for my day of weakness yesterday where I overate and didn't submit what i ate..), sometimes burning upto 1000 calories in a day. However, my weight just isn't shifting!! why not? Is it because I'm building muscle, should i just keep doing what I'm doing and only weigh myself once a day? Confused and upset about it.. thanks x

Replies

• DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back you exercise calories? 1200 would be the lower end of the calories you need to functon. If you are doing intense exercise, you need a higher amount (in my opinion). What height are you? Might be helpful to open your diary so people can have a look for you.

Regarding the weigh-in, I would avoid the scale and only weigh in once a week if not once every two weeks.
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    You would be better off to weigh yourself once a week, keep doing what you are doing your ok.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, but be more exact and submit everything you eat. Eat back atleast most of your exercise calories. And maybe recheck your calorie goal. Most people tend to put a lower activity level than they really are, and a 2 lb weight loss goal, when you should aim for a 1 lbs a week.

Either way.. some weeks you might be down 3 lbs, other times you might even gain. It happens, but its most likely not fat gain, unless you went WAY over your calorie goal. 3500 cals = 1 lb.
  • tigersonic
    Options
    i find it hard eating back the calories after i exercise because im not hungry, so i rarely eat back the cals. im 5ft 3 x
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Measure yourself... Lots of weeks when I didn't loose weight I still saw a difference in measurements....
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    Try doing a TDEE - 15% method then. In that method you eat the same calories every day and dont eat back calories.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Try this calculator to find a good calorie goal. (Which you wouldnt eat back exercise cals)
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm 5'2 and have been stuck around 141 for almost 2 weeks now. I just upped my net calories to 1450 because I think my problem was I was netting too low. I was eating atleast 1200 calories a day, but I wasn't eating back my exercise calories. Those last pounds are the hardest to lose, so don't get too stressed about it. It's frustrating because the first 15 lbs literally slid off, and now the last 15 are killer.
  • tigersonic
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the help everyone :) xx