Any Truck Drivers out there???

Options
Hello, I've been on here since November and just wondering if there are any truckers or riders who are trying to lose the weight? I don't drive but ride with my hubby. i gained 50 lbs from sitting and eating all day, from being bored. Now I've lost 43 lbs and have around 65 more lbs to lose to get down to around 150-165. I'm 5'9'' and large frame. Wondering how you incorporate exercise into your daily life. Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    My husband and I used to drive for FedEx Custom Critical before I gave it up to focus more heavily on exercising in order to enlist in the Army before the age cutoff. He stopped because it wasn't worth being a single driver when we didn't own the van. I can definitely sympathize about it being hard to stay fit on the road, especially in a bigger truck when your food choices are limited to walking distance around a truck stop. We drove a cargo van and I insisted on detours for food I actually wanted to eat. I kept a cup filled with ice and water. I also kept microwave soups for when I got hungry and stockpiled more healthy snacks, like fruit.

While on the road, I did most of my walking inside of Walmarts or shopping malls. I also kept a kettlebell in the van and would do swings behind the van.
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started on here last month, I drive locally now in NH. I used to drive OTR. I found that having a cooler with food for breakfast and lunch was helpful. Also, I went for walks, I found the Walmart DC's to be especially good for that, I still do that if I have a door apointment. With two of you it will be easier to go for a walk in the evenings, as a single female driver, going for a walk around the truck stops in the evening was not a good idea!!!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I just started staying home after being on the road with my old man for past 6-7 yrs. I know all too well how hard it is to try and lose weight on the road,. I tried but failed because I gave into the buffets and all the yummy places we went that we didnt have at home lol I also was lazy and didnt exercise like i should have and could have now I am having to work extra hard to lose all the 6 yrs worth of fat I gained :( I wish you the best though...like they say at bingo...you have to be in it to win it!
  • saraedens
    saraedens Posts: 54
    Options
    Thank you all, the food side is really not the problem for me as we have a skillet, microwave, two fridges, kettle, and a crock pot. I cook all the meals in the truck while my husband drives. Only cheat once in a while when we stop off for Popeye's or someplace like that. My main problem is getting motivated to exercise. I lift weights in the truck and do squats. But wish I had room to do some of those exercise DVD videos. Hubby and I were going for walks regularly in the beginning but during the winter we stopped and became kind of lazy with the whole walking. Now that it is warming up hopefully we will be getting out more. :)