Simple recipes?

Options
Beccraywards
Beccraywards Posts: 15 Member
I really struggle to find thing's to make which are just simple and straight forward. So was hoping some people could maybe help me out a little bit?

Been doing My fitness pal for just over a week now, im sticking to my 1200 calorie limit a day. But it seems i'm just having the same old things for breakfast and lunch since that's all i can really think about having since thats all i really know!

I would really appreciate if you could give me some straight forward recipes like, how to make a reasonable calorie/fat amount fajita or a spag bol or anything really? I dont really like salad which is stupid, but i Looooove pasta..

Basically im open to suggesions, i would really appreciate your help, thankyou!!

p.s. recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• briski_2005
    Options
    i feel the same way. i tend to stick to the same foods because i know they are within my calorie limit and i feel full after eating them. i have a "healthy" appetite and its hard for me to feel full after eating....
  • Beccraywards
    Beccraywards Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I dont really mind sticking to the same breakfast/lunch ideas for when im working mon-fri but on the weekends would be nice to shake it up a bit
  • MmeSavoie
    Options
    You can make an easy egg white omlette:

2 egg whites
    low fat cheese
    one tbsp of salsa

tasty and filling!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    2 large chicken breasts
    1 can rotel
    1 can black beans
    1 can low sodium corn
    1 packet taco seasoning

Crock pot on low 6-8 hours
    Shred chicken
    Serve with tortillas or on a salad
    2/3 c 124 calories
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to get a loaf tin, fill it with veggies to roast any you have available. eg my faves are leeks, potatoes, mushroom, cougette, red pepper

Roast it for say 20 mins with a little bit of oil

Take it out then add a tin of chopped tomatoes

Cover in bread crumbs and any seeds you have, I like pumpkin and sunflower

Bake for another 45-60 mins till crumbs go brown. You can even add cheese if u like to the topping

Tastes amazing the next day warmed up in microwave
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Here are a few that I found, but haven't tried yet. They are dinner ideas that are 500 calories or less. You would just have to adjust your calorie intake for breakfast and lunch. Also, if you're on Pinterest, you can find allot on there, Pin them and try at a later date! :)) Hope these help!!! :))

Bean Margherita Penne
    Ingredients
    3/4 cup whole wheat penne
    1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
    1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    Make it: Cook noodles, drain, return to pot. Toss with next 5 ingredients, warm for 5 minutes. Top with Parmesan.

Shrimp Fried Brown Rice
    Ingredients
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tablespoon grated ginger
    3 ounces precooked shrimp
    2 cups bok choy
    Make it: Saute first 5 ingredients for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and bok choy and cook for 5 minutes more.

This one is pretty simple:
    From Lone Star Steakhouse
    1/2 Delmonico steak
    Side of steamed vegetables

Lemon Basil Pasta With Summer Squash
    INGREDIENTS
    2 ounces (2/3 cup) dry whole-wheat penne
    1/2 cup chopped zucchini
    1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
    1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
    1 lemon, juiced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
    1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Boil pasta and drain. Toss with remaining ingredients.

Grilled Chicken Sausage With Italian Tomato and Cucumber Salad
    INGREDIENTS
    1 Italian-style chicken sausage link
    1 whole-grain hot dog bun
    2 tablespoons jarred spaghetti sauce
    3/4 cup chopped tomato
    3/4 chopped cucumber
    2 tablespoons light Italian salad dressing
    2 tablespoons pine nuts
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Grill sausage and put in bun with spaghetti sauce. Combine tomato, cucumber, dressing, pine nuts and basil.

Italian Sausage & Veggie Pasta
    Ingredients:
    2 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
    1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
    1 pre-cooked Italian-style chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1/2 cup chopped zucchini
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    Make it: Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat spaghetti sauce, sausage, garlic and vegetables for about 12 minutes, until veggies are tender. Top pasta with sauce mixture and sprinkle with cheese.

Steak & Pepper Tacos
    Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3 ounces steak strips
    1 1/2 cups sliced green and red bell peppers
    1/2 cup sliced onion
    2 small (6-inch) whole-grain tortillas
    4 tablespoons salsa
    2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
    Make it: In a skillet, saute olive oil, cumin and garlic for 1 minute. Add steak strips and cook about 5 minutes. Add pepper and onion slices and cook for another 8 minutes. Place mixture in tortillas and fold. Top with salsa and sour cream.

Stuffed Chili & Cheese Potato
    Ingredients:
    1 medium potato
    1/2 cup turkey or vegetarian chili
    2 cups frozen broccoli
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    Make it: Microwave potato for about 7 minutes. Wrap it in foil and let sit for 5 minutes. In a pot, warm chili and broccoli. Cut potato lengthwise, top with chili mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.

Cajun Chicken With Dirty Rice
    Ingredients:
    1 teaspoon dried Cajun seasoning
    4 ounces chicken breast
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    Few dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
    3/4 cup precooked brown rice
    Make it: Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on chicken and bake or grill. Add oil to skillet; saute garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomato paste and Tabasco for 2 to 3 minutes. Add pre-cooked rice and saute for 5 more minutes. Serve chicken on rice.

Macaroni Salad
    Ingredients
    2 cup(s) elbow macaroni
    4 large eggs
    1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
    2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
    3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
    Kosher salt
    Pepper
    1 stalk(s) celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
    1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
    1 jarred pimiento or roasted red pepper, finely diced
    2 scallions, thinly sliced
    Directions
    Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
    While the pasta is cooking, place the eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Run under cold water to cool.
    In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the pasta and toss to coat.
    Peel the eggs. Using the large holes on a box grater, grate one egg and 3 egg whites (discard the yolks). Fold the eggs into the pasta mixture along with the celery, bell pepper, pimiento, and scallions.

Crispy Baked Pork Chops - make a salad to go with this or a veggies dish!
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seed
    1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
    Kosher salt
    Pepper
    1 large egg
    1 large egg white
    1 1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
    1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
    2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
    4 (each 1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
    Directions
    Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top.
    On a plate, combine the flour, garlic powder, celery seed, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, and mustard. On a second plate, combine the panko, parsley, Parmesan, and oil.
    Coat the pork chops in the flour, then in the egg mixture (letting any excess drip off) and finally in the panko mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere. Place on the rack.
    Roast the pork chops until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

BBQ Beef & Mashed Potato Pie
    Ingredients
    2 pound(s) Yukon gold or white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-in. pieces
    Kosher salt and pepper
    4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 1/2 pound(s) lean ground beef
    4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
    1/2 cup(s) ketchup
    2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon(s) molasses
    1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
    Directions
    Place the potatoes in a pot. Add cold water to cover; bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt; simmer until just tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid; drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash with 3 Tbsp oil, ¼ tsp each salt and pepper and 2 Tbsp of the reserved cooking liquid (add more liquid if necessary).
    While the potatoes are cooking, heat the remaining Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
    Heat broiler. Add the beef to the onion and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Spoon off and discard any grease. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, molasses and Worcestershire; add to the beef and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
    Transfer the beef mixture to a 2-qt broiler-proof baking dish and top with the mashed potatoes. Broil until beginning to brown, 2 to 4 minutes.

Three Cheese Macaroni with Spinach
    Ingredients
    1/2 stick(s) (4 Tbsp) butter, plus extra for baking dish
    1 cup(s) chopped onion
    cup(s) all-purpose flour
    4 1/2 cup(s) milk
    1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
    1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
    5 ounce(s) Gorgonzola cheese, broken in chunks
    5 ounce(s) fontina cheese, rind removed, cut in chunks
    1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
    1 pound(s) mini penne pasta
    1 bag(s) (6 oz) baby spinach
    2 tablespoon(s) plain dry bread crumbs
    Garnish: chopped parsley
    Directions
    Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Heat oven to 375°F. Butter a shallow 3-qt baking dish or casserole.
    Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes until slightly softened but not browned. Whisk in flour; cook 2 minutes until blended. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in salt, pepper, then Gorgonzola, fontina and 3⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth; set aside.
    Stir pasta into boiling water. When water returns to a boil, cook 2 minutes less than time suggested on package. Drain well. Return pasta to pot, add spinach and cheese sauce and toss until spinach is wilted and pasta is evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish.
    Mix rest of Parmesan with bread crumbs; sprinkle over top.
    Bake about 30 minutes until browned on top. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.

Enchilada Pie
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
    1 cup(s) chopped green or red pepper
    1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
    2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
    1 can(s) (14-1⁄2 or 15 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
    1/2 cup(s) enchilada sauce
    1 can(s) (4 oz) chopped green chiles
    1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
    3/4 cup(s) canned sliced black olives
    Four 6- to 8-in. corn or flour tortillas
    1 bag(s) (8 oz) shredded light 4-cheese Mexican blend
    Toppings: sour cream, and chopped tomato, onion and scallion
    Directions
    You'll need a round 3-qt glass baking dish (casserole).
    Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper; sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add turkey; cook, breaking up chunks, 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chiles.
    Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes to develop flavors. Off heat, stir in corn and olives.
    Heat oven to 350°F.
    Line bottom of baking dish with 2 tortillas. Top with 1⁄2 the meat mixture, then about 1⁄3 the cheese. Top with a tortilla, the remaining meat filling, 1⁄2 the remaining cheese, then remaining tortilla. Cover with foil.
    Bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes or until filing bubbles. Cool 5 to 10 min. before cutting in wedges. Serve with toppings.

Wine-Glazed Chicken Thighs
    Ingredients
    8 (about 2 lbs) chicken thighs, skin and visible fat removed
    1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
    1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper, or to taste
    1 tablespoon(s) each olive oil and butter
    2 tablespoon(s) fresh chopped rosemary or 2 tsp dried, crumbled
    8 large leaves fresh sage or 2 tsp dried, crumbled
    1 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
    3 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
    Pinch of crushed red pepper
    Garnish: fresh sage cut in narrow strips
    Directions
    Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, rosemary and sage and cook, turning chicken occasionally, 15 minutes or until golden brown.
    Spoon off fat, leaving about 2 tsp in skillet. Add 1⁄4 cup of the wine, the garlic and crushed pepper.
    Cook 20 minutes longer, turning chicken occasionally and spooning on all but 2 Tbsp of the wine as pan juices evaporate, until chicken is cooked through and coated with a deep brown glaze. Remove to warm serving plates.
    Add remaining 2 Tbsp wine to skillet and cook, stirring in browned drippings from bottom of pan. Spoon pan juices over chicken and garnish. Good served with mashed potatoes and a mixture of green and wax beans.

Garlicky Roasted Shrimp, Red Peppers and Feta
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 large peeled and deveined shrimp
    1 jar(s) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1-in. pieces
    4 scallions, sliced
    4 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
    2 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
    1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
    Kosher salt and pepper
    2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
    4 ounce(s) feta cheese, crumbled
    Directions
    Heat oven to 425°F. In a 1 1/2- to 2-qt baking dish, combine the shrimp, peppers, scallions, garlic, wine, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
    Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with feta. Bake until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.

Panfried Steaks with Super Toppers
    Ingredients
    4 boneless strip steaks (top loin) or rib-eye steaks (each about 8 oz and 1 in. thick)
    1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
    Freshly ground pepper to taste
    Directions
    Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat about 3 minutes until very hot. Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
    Add steaks to skillet, leaving at least 1⁄4 in. between each. Cook 4 minutes, or until bottoms are well browned.
    Turn steaks and cook 5 minutes more for medium-rare (140°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted from side into middle), or 6 minutes for medium (155°F). Transfer to plates. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
    Serve unadorned or with one of the following toppers. Have the ingredients ready to go before cooking the steaks.
    3 SUPER TOPPERS (Each recipe is enough for 4 steaks and can be prepared while the steaks rest):
    Chimichurri Sauce: In a food processor, purée 1⁄2 cup parsley leaves, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 3 cloves garlic, 1⁄2 tsp salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
    Blue Cheese: Immediately after steaks are removed from skillet, sprinkle each with 2 Tbsp crumbled room-temperature blue cheese. The heat from the steaks will melt the cheese slightly.
    Mustard-Horseradish Sauce: In a small bowl, mix 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream and 1 Tbsp each grainy mustard, horseradish sauce and sliced scallions. Stir in steak drippings, if desired.
  • Sdmommyof3
    Options
    Bump
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I always have a smoothie for breakfast, so that's kind of boring: 1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 cup yogurt, protein powder. 229 cal, 28 g protein.

Lunch varies between oatmeal with a mashed banana, scrambled eggs and veggies, or half a can of salmon and veggies. :)

Some dinner ideas:
    - roast chicken! skin on is delicious and can still be at a reasonable calorie amount. I buy drumsticks or bone-in, skin-on thighs. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and garlic and roast at 350 for 40 minutes. The chicken is about 200-300 calories and I usually have some roasted broccoli or cauliflower on the side, or a sweet potato
    - pan-fried pork chops or steak: get a cast-iron frying pan, it makes everything delicious! Season each side of the pork chop with salt, pepper, fresh herbs, whatever. I use a little bit of spritz olive oil, then brown each side of the chop for a few minutes. Then I stick the pan in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes until cooked through. Also works for steak. A 170-gram pork chop is about 200 calories. Veggie side of choice.
    - turkey meatballs (or very lean ground beef): mix ground meat with parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, salt/pepper/herbs, and an egg. Shape into meatballs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Use whatever sauce you like, if I have calories to spare I'll make a sweet and sour sauce with equal parts chili sauce and grape jelly. Each meatball is usually less than 100 calories.
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump for later use
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Tilapia Foil Packets
    Recipe courtesy Jamie Deen
    Prep Time:10 min
    Cook Time:20 min
    Level:
    Easy
    Serves:
    2 servings

Ingredients
    Two 6-ounce tilapia fillets
    2 tablespoons olive oil (I just dabbed 1 tsp on 2)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used halved sweet cherry tomato)
    1 small shallot, minced
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (I used a sprinkle of dried)
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
    Lay each fillet out on its own piece of foil. The foil should be a few inches longer than the fillet. Drizzle each fillet with the olive oil.
    Combine the garlic, tomatoes, shallots, thyme and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Top each fillet with the tomato mixture. Fold over the foil and roll up the edges to create a seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve removed from the foil with veggies on the top and any sauce drizzled over the fish.

Just had this last night---I added 4 medium shrimp on top of each tilapia before spooning on tomato mixture (I used halved sweet cherry tomatoes. Served with roasted asparagus and a couple pieces of roasted potato...all on foil, all in the oven...tasty and easy cleanup!
  • rebecca8787
    Options
    for breakfast,

I usually just have cereal to be honest, or toast. Sometimes if i wake up very hungry Ill have two egg omette with mushroom and a bit of cheese.

for lunch,

1 turkey steak (lean) cooked on grill for 10-15 mins, until browning.
    1 Wholemeal pitta bread, warmed on grill for 1 min.
    Chop the pitta in half, and open it up.
    Chop the turkey, and put it inside the pitta with some low-cal coleslaw, and mixed leaf salad with carrot and red onion.

I usually serve it with more salad on the side. Its a good lunch meal cos it's quite filling but doesnt even top 300 cals on the scale

for dinner

Left over Turkey fried in a pan, with with chinese vegetabe stir fry mix,
    Boil some water in a pan, throw in one nest of medium egg noodles,
    Add half a small jar of weight watchers sweet and sour sauce
    Add noddles, simmer pan until all is cooked and serve together!

I'm low on money right now, so I tend to use leftovers, I know you said you are not a fan of salad, i would really, really try and get into it and keep pasta as a treat because you can still make a hearty salad as a side dish to a meal and it will fill you up. you just need to try different things til you find something you like. I don't really eat pasta anymore, if I need carbs with a meal I have a few potatoes, or rice (brown/wholemeal.)

Hope you like what I have suggested! x
  • Divaslimm
    Divaslimm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is sooo awesome thanks every one and thanks for asking this question :wink:
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have found myself sticking to making the same things over and over again.

And then I found skinnytaste.com, and I have enjoyed the things I have made from it. i have only made Filippino Adobo Pork and Honey Sesame chicken from it so far, but both were really good.

I have Asian Glazed Chicken for dinner tonight to make, which sounds delicious.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like the meatloaf recipe from the back of the lipton onion soup box:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1115512
    332 calories per serving
    Super easy and you can tweak it
    For instance, I throw in peppers
    Tonight I added a bit of relish
    We shall see how that goes!
    I just love how versatile it is and how it tastes great with ANY side and it is yummy reheated, too!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    1 cup of sugar
    1 cup of peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 tsp of baking soda
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Mix and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. These are the most amazing peanut butter cookies ever. So good and so simple.

61039.jpg
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    1 cup of sugar
    1 cup of peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 tsp of baking soda
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Mix and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. These are the most amazing peanut butter cookies ever. So good and so simple.

61039.jpg

How do you make them? There is sugar on the outside..

Mix all the ingredients, Make small balls of the dough and do the cross pattern with a fork. If you want the sugar on the outside sprinkle just a tad on it after you flatten it and before you bake them.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal raisin cookies!!

3/4 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 3/4 cups rolled oats
    1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
    Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-raisin-cookies-i/

cookies_zps3b0f7541.jpg
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Crustless Quiche Lorraine

Preheat oven to 425F. Grease 9 inch pie plate.

Whisk together:
    6 large eggs
    1 1/4 c. cream (can use milk, or half and half)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp sugar
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix in:
    4 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
    1/3 cup crumbled bacon
    1/3 cup grated or chopped onion

Pour in greased pie plate. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 300F, and bake for 25-30 minutes more. Cool in the pan and refrigerate. Makes 6 servings, keeps for a week in the fridge. Warm a slice for 45-60 seconds in the microwave. Vary the ingredients however you like--I've used crumbled cooked sausage, sauteed chopped red pepper, sliced mushrooms (either canned or sauteed fresh), broccoli florets (with some cheddar cheese).
  • magiccat32
    Options
    bump, lots of great looking ideas! yum