discouraged...

Options
I am feeling for discouraged today. A few days I postes on the success boards asking if anyone saw a difference and it only yielded one reply, apparebtly the pics were too blurry. I since took them down. I feel different, I can see the changes others can't but its beginnjng to feel not good enough.
I am going to try to weigh myself today, for the first time jn weeks. Hopefully that'll be a confidence boost and not the other way around.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Sorry you didn't get many replies on your other post, but honestly sometimes the boards are so busy that posts get pushed down really quickly and get missed.

In the end though, who are you doing this for? If you feel different and see the changes, isn't that what really matters? Don't let a lack of responses get you down. When I first started losing weight, I had to lose a lot (like maybe 30 lbs) before people started noticing. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll keep getting results. Just think how you'll feel when you've lost the next 15. It will all be worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it.

The boards are the boards.

Best not to take these things personally.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you. Continue to take progress photos as they are one of the best ways to assess changes that the scale and bodyfat devices may not reveal. Just make sure you take them in well-lit areas which limit shadows and wear clothing that doesn't hide too much.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Sorry about the lack of response to your post. Try to be your own biggest fan, your own biggest motivator, your own biggest supporter. Don't let the support of others (or lack thereof) be your principal motivator because you can't always rely on others to notice or care. YOU care. YOU notice. That's the main thing.

:drinker:
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I wil continue pushing myself.
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! and don't forget to take measurements too; or have a pair of pants to gage your weight loss by.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sorry you didn't get many replies on your other post, but honestly sometimes the boards are so busy that posts get pushed down really quickly and get missed.

In the end though, who are you doing this for? If you feel different and see the changes, isn't that what really matters? Don't let a lack of responses get you down. When I first started losing weight, I had to lose a lot (like maybe 30 lbs) before people started noticing. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll keep getting results. Just think how you'll feel when you've lost the next 15. It will all be worth it! :flowerforyou:

^^^ This!
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Options
    cassius is totally right!

Remember your goal is your own and do this for you! Keep at it! We can all do this.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Do it for you. Not for comments.
  • danholden4006
    danholden4006 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the boards on here can be very mean and very ignorant sometimes. And I, personally, have had to learn that I can't judge what I'm doing based on what other people say. Yes, I want the support and the comments and the compliments. I think everyone does. But for me, the measurements speak for themselves. And my pants that were once too tight now fall off me. That's what keeps me going.

If you continue to look for random compliments on here you will get nowhere. I will admit I have met a few people that have been super awesome. That's why my friends list is so small. I keep only the positive ones.