Tall Ladies

Options
I'm 350 pounds and 6 feet tall, so I don't appear as large as I am. My problem is that I have no idea what a healthy weight for me really is. I want to eventually get super lean and just completely own my height/the fact that I'm an amazon. Are there any more tall ladies that have lost an outrageous amount of weight and have goal suggestions?

Replies

• Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall to and my goal is 175. It puts me in the healthy range for BMI. Good luck on your journey, nice to see other tall girls out there :) Feel free to add me.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and started out at 332.4 pounds. I am currently 215.4 pounds. My goal is 175 pounds. I have pictures in my profile.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is to stay under 150 (I'm 148 now, got down to 143, not pretty!). I'd say don't set a goal yet, just start losing weight and see where you feel good. I'd say 180 is a great place to start though if you needed a #...
  • jazzerciseN
    Options
    I'm a bit taller than you (6'1") but I believe all us tall girls hold our weight well. I started at 295 and I'm currently at 205. It has taken a looong time and a ton of work but you can do it! My goal is to be 175. Freshman year of high school I was 160 and I couldn't use the bathrooms at school without people accusing me of having an eating disorder. I was too skinny. My frame is "large" I guess. My fingers don't quite touch around my write. I'd say take it 10 lbs at a time once you get down to 200.
  • gemma77
    gemma77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft. I lost 100lb to get to 160, which for me was a size 10/12 (uk). I've put 2 stone back on since having my youngest child but he's 4 now so really need to shift the weight gain by now!!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and my goal weight is 180, or 170 if I still feel too big at 180.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11 and about 250 my first goal is to get down to 200 then I would like to weigh about 170-180. My lowest weight in high school was 145-150 size 5. I don't recall looking too thin or "sick" but I guess I'll see how I look once I FINALLY get there.
  • laura666666
    laura666666 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 6'. I want to get to between 161lbs and 170lbs. Depends really as i have lots of stretch marks and worried that if i loose too much I'll end up with saggy bits. Dilemma!!
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'10 and my goal is 175, because I saw that was a"healthy" BMI, and it is the weight I was when I was married in 1976. But I figure I will know what the right weight is for me when I get there. For years I told myself that my goal was to be comfortable in size 16 clothes. But they are too big, I started Mfp at 275, but topped at 307 and one of the things that I always did was to set my sights on the next lower size. I would get something in that size and hang it on the closet door until I could wear it. One advantage to being so tall is that as we lose weight we don't change sizes as frequently as the shorter ladies so there are fewer transitional sizes, thank goodness for consignment shops! Janet
  • derbygirl_11
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and currently weigh 196 - I wear a size 10. I'd like to get down to 160 and around a size 6. I have a small frame for a tall girl. Oh and I carry most of my weight around the middle - total bummer.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I've got something in the top cupboard that I can't QUITE reach.

Anyone care to lift it down for me?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I've got something in the top cupboard that I can't QUITE reach.

Anyone care to lift it down for me?

no

this is me at 5' 11" and 175...i am 10 heavier now from doing a bulk, on the way back down from 14 up.

33110506_8190.jpg
  • calycias
    calycias Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall, and my start weight is 282. I'm down to 258 right now, and aiming for 165-170ish since that's a "healthy" weight. I hope to have it all off by the end of this year, God willing! :)

Feel free to add me!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and started at 260. I'm 182 now and my goal is 176. This number is what the doctor and I agreed on.
  • amiaow
    amiaow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 181cm (5'11.5") and weigh 78kg (172lb). I lift weights and have low body fat and high muscle mass compared to most females. Depending on your bone structure, I think anywhere from 70-80kg is a good weight to aim for.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    6 ft tall. I currently weigh 175lbs but I ultimately aim for 143lbs.
    I have recently stopped losing weight though :( not sure why... but I lowered my cals from 1700 to 1500, I'll see what happens.

Feel free to add me :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm not nearly as tall as you at 5'9" but still tall compared to my friends ... I started out at around a size 18 when I was a teenager and lost a lot of weight my second year in college. I'm 33 now and weigh approx. 145 lbs. I fluctuate between 138 - 150 actually but prefer to be around 140 ish. My sister is 5'11" and is around 155 lbs.

When I turned 30, I started to gain weight and hired a trainer to start lifting weights. I still work out with him 2 times a week and it really helped me lean out. I have a flat stomach now and am stronger and more confident than I was previously.

I think my pics are public. Though I only have one before picture.

I looked up your height and a normal healthy range said between 140 - 180 lbs.
  • ciarabubs
    ciarabubs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5 11" and my first goal is to get to 175lbs and then take it from there.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I am 6'2" and I have a large frame as well. I cant tell you the last time I was as thin as I am now. I started about 260 or so and I am down to about 210. (my ticker only says 42 lbs because I started logging after I was already starting). I have thyroid & hormone issues and it has made it harder for me to lose the weight. But, my goal right now is to get to 195...that puts me at the TOP of the HEALTHY range for my height. Once there, I am going to focus more on toning and sculpting and go from there. :-)

http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/asm/calc_healthyweight.aspx

This chart may help you figure some things out, as a base. Everyone is different so some other 6'0 woman may look great at 175 while other may not.

GOOD LUCK!! Feel free to FRIEND me!!