Setting your Macros

Options
DeeC01
DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on setting my macros correctly. I have heard a lot of people following 40c/30f/30, which im trying to do - is this the way to go? I want to loose fat initially (about 25/28lbs to go) and then bin the scales and tone up!!

All advice greatly appreciated.

Dee

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I use a 40c/40p/20f approach but I am also a fan of 30c/40p/30f just cause that lets me eat out a bit more.

honestly play around with it - see what works for you, for me personally I found the most consistent weightloss with 40/40/20, probably just because it kept me eating a bit cleaner with the lower fat
  • CreativeFedora
    Options
    40c, 30f, 30p is solid. But you also have to identify your maintenance cal intake and eat at a deficit to lose the fat. Keeping your protein macro high will ensure that you maintain as much muscle as possible while losing the weight.
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Im aiming for TDEE - 20%. Im usually slightly under each day except 1 at the weekend (WINE!!!) so it evens itself out over the week. Im alo eating most of my exercise calories back, but due to study at the moment, I ain't doing much on that front. If I want something to eat and I don't have the calories, I will go for a 20 min walk so Im not going without!!

Thanks again :flowerforyou: