New mom, temporary body

Options
I had a beautiful baby girl 3 weeks ago. I was In Relatively good shape when I got pregnant and that ended quickly.
To be completely honest, I gained 65 lbs and went up 5 dress sizes. Talk about depressing and overwhelming. So far being a mom has come natural , despite the lack of sleep. And i love her to pieces! I'm back to where I started. I battled obesity in my early teenage years, then eating disorders. I had Finally found my self when I met my husband and realized I could live a healthy life and the happiness would follow.
So far since my daughter has been born I dropped 22lbs. I'm currently breast feeding- which takes a lot of calories out of my daily intake. It saddens me to look at my self, let alone step in my closet that is full of clothes that don't fit. I do realize it took 9 months to put all that weight on- its going to take sometime to get it back off again. And I'm fully aware that my life and body has forever changed. I just can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin again.

Replies

• Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    welcome my name is Katie its nice to meet you. congrats on your new baby
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I gained 80 with my baby so i totally know how you feel. Shes 9 months now and im about 15 lbs away from pre preggo weight so just be patient (its really hard i know). you'll get there eventually. :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Think about the other times in your life that you were overweight. This time, you gained weight because you were growing that little girl. And the weight will come off because you'll want to teach her that she is and always be as gorgeous as the day she came into this world--as were you, you just didn't really believe it until much later in your life :heart: You'll get there. Track your calories in, move a little when you can. Love yourself and cherish your strong body for its ability to grow and birth a new baby. She's worth some flab for now. Keep your chin up, and before you know it, she'll be celebrating her birthday and you'll be back in your favorite clothes.

(the voice of experience) :flowerforyou:
  • Bananarheanna
    Bananarheanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You could slim down pretty fast with nursing and eating well. When I was pregnant, I gained 60lbs, but lost 70 after nursing! Congratulations on your sweet new baby!
  • sammiehof
    sammiehof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im also on this after 2 babys close together i feel like i added another me while pregnant
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I gained 80 with my baby so i totally know how you feel. Shes 9 months now and im about 15 lbs away from pre preggo weight so just be patient (its really hard i know). you'll get there eventually. :)
    Thank you, this is very inspiring to me! I have people tell me all the time they are still carrying extra baby weight around. I can do this!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I had mine fairly close and am working on losing weight from both of them. Sadly for me breastfeeding wasn't a magic bullet, anytime I lost too much or didn't eat enough my supply dropped off so I've had to sacrifice. My youngest just turned 1 and should be done nursing soon, I'm hoping to see even more progress then! But even though it has taken longer than I would have liked it's still temporary, I plan to see it all gone eventually :)