not understanding Weight loss and inches loss at different r

sharonsylvester
sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so it has been three weeks since I started measuring and weighing myself since doing p90X. I don't understand something, the first week I lost 1 pound but no inches lost, the second week I loss inches but it appears that I did not lose any weight, now I lost two pounds but it appears that I put on inches around my waist. I just don't get it, I thought everything was suppose to decrease.

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    4 years in and 63.5 pounds down and I can honestly say I STILL don't understand how our bodies work on a day to day and week to week basis.... I've had so many "bad" days or weeks where I lost, and many times I was SOOOoooooo good for weeks at a time and gained! Also - plateaus that seemed to stick around forever regardless of how good or bad I seem to be doing.

All I can tell you is that if you stick to your good habits, eventually all your measurements and weight will get lower and stay lower.
  • Make sure you drink your water and when you feel it is alot of water DRINK MORE! Seriously... an inch and a pound can be effected by retaining water. You would be amazed. If its hard for you to drink water (like it is for me) here is what I do and maybe this could help you drink more. You can gain as much as ten pounds a month on just water weight.

I buy a large drink from McDonald's. I use the cup for my water. I use that cup and I take it everywhere! I set it on my desk ALL day. Now I am a stay at home mom with a one year old and I keep it in my car and concentrate on my "drinking and driving" per say... and I leave it on my counter. I refill it with my frig water so I don't blow tons of money on water bottles. It works for me.

Now if you drink tons and tons of water. I say keep going strong and measure weekly at the same time of day. Don't follow it day by day or you will end up giving up.

Good luck!
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Muscle weighs more than fat, that explains the inches lost but no weight put on. But when you put on inches it could be that initially you were buringing more fat calories and putting on more muscles and then later on that begins to show and push the fat out. Keep going as you lose more fat the definition of your muscles will stand out without the fat barrier.
This discussion has been closed.