Help please

Options
Hi I have just started the slim fast 321 diet, this allows me to have 3 snacks, 2slim fast milk shakes and1meal. Today I have had 3 snacks an apple, pineapple chucks and strawberries, i have my 2slim fast milkshake and 1meal of boiled rice, mixed vegetables and baked salmon fillet. I thought I'd done really well until I put this information on this app and it told me I have not eaten enough Calories I have only eaten 856 calories. Now I'm really confused because this app is telling me that because I'm not eating the 1200 calories that it said I should I won't lose the weight as my body will go into starvation mode? But I am following exactly what the 321 slim fast diet tells me to. Help please

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Well, that was a little harsh, Pu.

To the first poster:

So, why don't you pick some snacks that have a lot more calories? Like have some peanut butter with that apple, and some cottage cheese with that pineapple. Add butter or cheese to your veggies and salmon.

Ta Da, I've just added 400-500 calories to your day.

And you really need the added protein. One piece of salmon and no other protein for the whole day isn't good.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Harsh but true! If you want to lose weight and keep it off fad diets are useless! You need to set goals that change your lifestyle so you can lose those
    damned pounds and keep them off!! Feel free to view my diary - it might help - good luck :)
  • Leo_gosh
    Leo_gosh Posts: 40
    Options
    Never go for these fasts !! They make you weak and make you lose hope!! Just count calories and exercise !!
  • prettymomsrule
    Options
    There are so many ways to lose weight. You just have to find what works for your body type. What it mainly comes down to is eat less (bad calorie wise) and, move more. Be aware of what you are putting in your body and eat healthy choices and move move move. Cardio and more cardio is what is best right at first because you want to shock your body and then get into a routine of cardio and regular activity. You will see a change. Make sure you are getting the proper amount of sleep and drinking plenty of water. You will do great. Honestly, I have never heard of slimfast working for anyone so, if it works for you then that's good, but you will do just as good by replacing a meal with a yogurt or small bowl of cereal than with a slimfast. Good luck though!! You will do great!