Easy way to quit Diet soda, or anything in a can....

Options
My drink of choice is always water. I prefer not to go for sodas, let alone diet soda. Its poison, plain and simple. I am human though. Sometimes when I visit my parents house, I grab a caffiene free, diet Papsi out of the fridge. I can't even call it a treat. I know better. I have no excuses for this. Its like a reflex when I get there. I guess because I grew up there eating and drinking those things. I don't know, but onto my point.....

So, as usual, I wipe off the top of the can like the OCD patient that I am. Tap the top and pop it open. Then I take a nice big swig of my poisonous treat.

Mmmmm.......WAIT. I feel something in my mouth. A feeling of sheer terror runs though my body as I recall a photo of some fleshy thing someone once found in a Capri Sun pouch. I spit back into the can and remove what appears to be a stick of wood or cardboard. Frayed at one end and quite large. I can't help but gag and run to the nearest toilet to vomit.

I don't think I will automatically reach for a can of anything ever again. If that wasn't the Universe letting me know what a stupid thing I was doing by drinking that crap in the first place.......... I'm just going to accept it and stick with water. If not out of my filtered tap, then a clear bottle. Period. Lesson learned.

Replies

• lovebrittnie
    Options
    yeah that pretty disgusting...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    OMGOD! EW!!!
  • patrickca1942
    patrickca1942 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It makes you wonder what can be in anything we eat or drink... Our community uses ground water which is tested regularly. The public has the right to know the water quality. Each household receives an annual report. Even so, I filter it in a Brita pitcher.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    It makes you wonder what can be in anything we eat or drink... Our community uses ground water which is tested regularly. The public has the right to know the water quality. Each household receives an annual report. Even so, I filter it in a Brita pitcher.

YES! I read one of those reports. According to statistics, Detroit has one of the highest quality water in the country.... Yet I can see things floating in the water. EWWW!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Ok, you are writing Pepsi a letter with pictures right????
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Ok, you are writing Pepsi a letter with pictures right????

In the 2 1/2 minutes I was in the toilet my dad had it cleaned up and out to the curb with the rest of the trash. I should still write a letter though, but the box with the lot number and all that jazz was gone to the trash, who knows how long ago....

Since my dad retired, hes been a cleaning machine. You don't even have to be finished with your meal before hes got the plate in the dishwasher, lol. My mom wishes he'd be normal and go golfing or something....

You are right, I should at least write a letter. I didn't even think about it. I was more ashamed of myself for drinking it in the first place.... You know I know better. (slaps self on wrist)
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! Ugh, I had my hands over my face as I read your story. Blech, I've got that creepy crawly feeling under my skin now. :sick:
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    I saw that same capri sun skin thing! SO nasty!!!!!!!