Newbie Here For Long Haul

Options
My name is Kimberly and I'm a forty-six year-old, single mom to three boys, ages 27, 18, and 17. I've spent the last 27 years of my life taking care of everyone....except myself. As I approach an almost "empty nest", I have realized that it's time for "me". I'm starting this journey at 302 lbs (medically referred to as morbidly obese) and the only positive thing that I can say at this moment is that it's the last time I will see these numbers on my scale.

I'm thrilled to have joined My Fitness Pal and having the app on my Kindle is wonderful! I would love to find friends here for support as well. I've also started a blog to chart this journey from fat to thin and all that it entails:
http://kimsmidlifemeltdown.blogspot.com/

I know that with determination, perseverance, and a good sense of humor, I will reach my goals....giving up just isn't an option.

Kim

Replies

• landlady5
    landlady5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi kim i'ma newbie too 49 years old and not hugely overweight but about 2 stone more than i should be. had a hysterectomy last year for cancer and struggling with weight loss - but i always have to be honest. good luck with your journey. linda
  • lindak1948
    Options
    Hi Kim--I'm Linda and newbie here too. I signed up about 2 weeks ago but didn't really look into the site until about 3 days ago. Very impressed with it. I'm going to be 65 next week-and have struggle most of my life with weight issues. I'm about 30 -40 lbs over weight but I'm only 4'11" and that makes me look that much more over weight. Have been a widow for the past 18 yrs but I have 3 wonderful children and 3 fantastic grandchildren. I have been going to Weight Watchers for over 5 yrs. Lost about 30 lbs-put on about 6 lbs almost 2 yrs ago and can't get it to budge. For the past 5 weeks I have been going to a one on one trainer with last session being this week. They are good but so expensive. I just need some buddies to get thru this--so I think we can do this together!
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    To all three of you...I am 45 and am highly motivated to lose weight. I am going to be on here for a long time so please add me. In a month I will be an empty nester as well! We can all do this together!
  • kolobbrenda
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Brenda, and we all have a lot in common. I am 48, and widowed and i have a lot to lose. I started here last week weighing in at 256. But when my husband died 3 years ago I was 290. I have tried and tried for the last 3 years to work it off, but too much emotional stuff was going on - with me AND my kids. (6 kids - ages 30, 20, 18, 17, 14, 11)

Anyone can add me...I love to socialize, in any setting. I will cheer you on. I plan a long haul here, too.

Loves to all. Bren