Fitbit question

Options
I just picked up a Fitbit One today. I've been having fun playing with it, but I'm a little confused on the whether I should log exercise into MFP or just let the Fitbit step count sync. Normally I exercise by going on walks, so I normally log that or log cleaning the house. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to 1200 cals and then have it sync with my fitbit. So my movement is added to MFP throughout the day based on my movement. Its amazing.
  • Bananarheanna
    Bananarheanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to 1200 cals and then have it sync with my fitbit. So my movement is added to MFP throughout the day based on my movement. Its amazing.

Thanks! Do you only let it sync to add your exercise or do you add it into MFP manually as well?
  • KReduced
    Options

Thanks! Do you only let it sync to add your exercise or do you add it into MFP manually as well?

I just let it sync. If you go on fitbit connect some people tell you to log to MFP manually, but Im always
    scared of double counting so I just let it sync. There is a fitbit group on here if you have more questions!
  • KReduced
    Options
    Also, my diary is open, so maybe it makes more sense to see it then just have me explain it?
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you exercise by going for walks I think you'll be fine just using the fitbit data, it's only for non-step things you should enter manually into MFP (take note of the time you start and finish because fitbit will take out any "steps" you made in that time of space so you don't double up on burned calories).