Wii Just Dance

Options
So I love my Wii Just Dance. It is fun, keeps me on my toes and I am panting and sweating like a mule by the end of it. Does anyone else use this as their workout? Has anyone seen results using Just Dance? I have just found the Challenge 10 songs set and love seeing which song it picks for me and wonder what is coming up next and it takes a good 45 minutes for me. I'm really enjoying it and hope I can really use it for a workout. Thoughts?

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I love the game!! I bought it when I started mfp in April and all I do currently for exercise is that game, walking and couch to 5k training (and just recently started swimming) and aside from eating healthy, I've lost 21 pounds. Keep going with it and pair it up with same other form of exercise :) I often start a song, set down the remote and pick up my 5lb dumb bells for a lil extra humpth. What is your favorite song? I love Jin Go Lo Ba :)
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I would love! What extra adapters do I need to use with it?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance but had not thought of it as a workout! Thanks for the suggestion - have not put it in since joining MFP. It's a fun game to play with friends too!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    This is going to be my next Wii game purchase. :) Was reading reviews and it looks amazing! I just don't know that I am in shape enough (not to mention coordinated enough) to dance yet! I'll get there. :)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that one, I will have to look for it!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    What do you do with it? Do you have to use a board or anything?
  • cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    Who cares if you're not in shape or coordinated enough? Do what you can for as long as you can! It's moving and that burns calories! Just Dance is lots of fun and really gets your heart rate up! :flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    We love that game! I haven't really tried it for exercise but I think it's a great exercise! I totally sweat when I do a couple of dances.:blushing:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    No extras needed, just a wii remote, no pad nothing :) It's tons of fun. You don't need to know how to dance, just be able to follow the moves as they do them...
    Search for Just Dance Wii on youtube to see some videos :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Who cares if you're not in shape or coordinated enough? Do what you can for as long as you can! It's moving and that burns calories! Just Dance is lots of fun and really gets your heart rate up! :flowerforyou:

:) Oh, I know. I just got Wii Fit Plus less than a week ago though so it is good to keep me occupied for a while! :) May have to splurge for another game for Christmas... plus I am trying to focus on getting some exercise outside as well so I don't need more Wii distractions! (Thanks for the vote of confidence though... being out of shape and uncoordinated has certainly led to many of my exercise phobias and I'm glad to get an opinion that THAT DOESN'T MATTER!) :)
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Just dance and have been known to burn 800 cals in an hour. They have a Just Dance 2 coming out in October I think.
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's really awesome. All you have to do is hold the wii remote in one hand and try to dance along. There is lots of different songs from different genres so it really mixes it up. MC Hammer's Can't Touch This is such a fun one to do, but my favorite is Hot and Cold by Katy Perry. I highly recommend it.
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    I love the Wii Dance as well, just burned 500 calories doing DDR, now you have me curious about just dance, I've heard they're coming out with a zumba version. Do you just need to buy the CD. I'm from Canada and I haven't seen the game here but very interested.

I mix DDR with a weighted hula hoop for 5 minute intervals and do some pushups and weights when I have the time. Mostly I'm a gym rat but when I'm home I like having the Wii option. Would love to hear from anyone about what's needed other than a willing body and a remote, must be the motion remote?

Glad to hear of others who favour the Wii in their spare time.

Cheers

KC
  • slieber
    Options
    How is it different to watching and following a dance video? (really, I don't own a wii so I honestly want to know!)
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just got it today and tried it out. I think it's a great workout, at least for me, I am still far from my goal weight, so it takes a lot of effort for me and definitely raises my heart beat.

slieber, it is probably not very different for the dancing part, but it is a game, too, keeps your scores, etc... As somebody has suggested already, they are demos on youtube. I watched them before making my decision to buy it.

It's so much fun!
  • slieber
    Options
    Thanks Olena! I'll look it up. Might be worth getting for the odd time I'm stuck inside (like now!).
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :smile: It is very similar to a dance video but there is no one telling what is coming up or practice before putting it all together. The best way to understand is to do a youtube search, just be careful you look at just dance videos and not wii dance which is something very new. I'm having a hard time not doing it. I love my Wii Fit but i can burn almost 500 calories in an hour instead of 200 an hour with my wii fit. I'm getting ready to start now.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I got this game over the weekend and LOVE it!! question how do you guys track your calories on it? do you have a HRM?
  • kcbythec
    Options
    I've played the Wii Dance a few times since last spring, but it gets so hot I'd rather be at the gym with the a/c when I'm all sweaty, lol....

Here I just plow around the hot air.:ohwell: