fat arms.... way too late?

Options
So I am getting married Oct. 2 of this year and I know that most women start working out/dieting as soon as they get engaged, which is normally a year or more out. I on the other hand have had a 6 month engagement and had gained almost 20 lbs from my normal weight during the 8-10 months. I am by no means fat, I'm still around 3-8lbs heavier than my normal weight (and of course I want to be a little skinner than that for my honeymoon.) My fiance and I are waiting until marriage to have sex and I've been waiting since birth LOL so I think I might be a little more worried about my naked body than most women, although, he has assured me he willl think Im beautiful no matter what = )

Anyway all this to say, my stomach and my arms are my two biggest worry spots and I only have 91 days left what can I do to tone them up and is this way too short of a time period? My arms are my first concern just because I don't want to hate all of my wedding pictures, but also my stomach. HELP!!!! What do I do and am I out of time?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You've got plenty of time! Try out Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD. It's only $9 at Walmart and a lot of her exercises focus on the areas you mentioned wanting to work on. It's a 40 min workout, but it consists of 5-min circuits and the DVD is set up that you can pick and chose which circuits you want to do or do the whole thing. Her 30 Day Shred is also a great one and only 20 mins total. Hope this helps!
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    You have 91 days and not too many pounds to lose. Perfect for a round of Power 90 or P90x. That takes care of the arms, abs, and everything else. You will be happy with the results.

www.teambeachbody.com

Even if you start next week, you'll be good by your wedding. Just stick with the program as designed. It works.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tryt he P90X system, it is amazing and will lean you out everywhere..... It is worth the $120 because it changes your lfiestyle and makes you feel soo much better.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! I'm getting married in October, too and have been working my butt off (OK, not off, but working it lol) so that I'll look great too. If JM is too much for you, Tammilee Webb, star of Abs, Arms & Buns of steel is great. In the last few months I have toned up a lot & I am not afraid to wear tanktops in public (still not perfect, but pretty good :smile: ).
    I wish you all the best & know that someone else is right there with you; I have about 10 lbs to get to where I want to be (give or take since muscle weighs more than fat & I've built lots more muslce), but I know I can do it & you can do it :flowerforyou:
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm no authority but when I comes to my arms I always find they're the easiest place to tone up! If you're still losing weight then a short weights session on the end of your cardio routine will work wonders! Speak to a PT about toning up! They can probably give you a tailor-made workout routine.
    Eg. Personally for me this is the weights routine that follows my cardio 3-4 time/week. This is what my PT assigned to me. :)

-Assisted chin-ups at my weight+15kgs 3 sets of 10 reps (Remember the heavier the weight on this exercise the easier it is)
    -Pec Deck at 17.5kg 3 sets of 10reps
    -Seated Row at 22.5kg 3 sets of 10reps
    -Chest Press at 15kg 3 sets of 10reps
    -Lateral Pulldown at 45kg 3 sets of 10 reps

When I'm in the full swing of this programme in the past I've seen a big improvement within a month! When I started out I had Pec Deck, seated row and chest press all at 10kg so you can see how there has been a strength improvement. I'm rambling...lol Point is, there's still plenty of time to tone up a little more for your wedding! :)
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Crunch is an awesome way to work the abs and arms! $10 at WalMart and the best $10 I have spent. I've lost 2 inches off of my waist and hips and an inch off my upper arms. I have a lot more to lose than you do so will probably lose more but the tone and definition are great! BTW...I admire you for waiting till you are married. :) Many blessings for your new life!!
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great advice and I feel much better. I have both Jillian Michaels videos and my fiance has P90x and I have weights so I just need to choose something and stick to it is what it sounds like thanks!
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    My fiance and I are waiting until marriage to have sex and I've been waiting since birth LOL so I think I might be a little more worried about my naked body than most women, although, he has assured me he willl think Im beautiful no matter what = )

Way to go on doing things the right way!!!!!!! That is a rare occurence in our culture today! Congratulations!