Simple recipes?

Options

Replies

• ConcaveBelly
    Options
    There are A LOT of very simple recipes with calorie counts in the Flat Belly Diet book.
  • kelypierce
    kelypierce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dinner:

The easiest?

Stock your freezer with salmon, cod (etc.) filets and shelled shrimp. ( I don't eat meat, but if you do...add chicken breasts..etc)
    Stock your pantry with canned diced tomatoes, stock and canned beans (black, kidney, etc).( the beans sub as a protein)
    Stock your spice cabinet with a RANGE of spices.....I always have cumin and chili powder for a Mex flavor, Five spice for Asian, Moroccan Seasoning, basil and oregano for Italian.....you get the idea.
    In the summer.....go for fresh herbs. I actually freeze cilantro and rosemary to use all year.
    Keep mixed greens, prepared little carrots, summer squash.....whatever fresh veggies you pick up once a week.

Now......

Just thaw your protein.
    Throw it on a grill or in a broiler pan if it's winter or you don't have a grill.
    Sprinkle on TONS of seasoning.
    Grill or broil.

Saute up your chosen veggies....just one Tb of olive oil will do the trick.

Add some diced tomatoes.

Put hot veggies and protein over salad greens.

Let the protein and veggies come to near room temp. so they wilt the salad greens a bit.

A little balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and ....VOILA!!! A dinner straight from heaven.

By the way....it took MUCH longer to type this than it takes me to make it. Seriously......................

Hey....I'm 57 years old. Have been (happily) married for 33 years. Raised two children and weigh what I did on the day I got married.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    for breakfast i do:
    1/2 cup quick oats then add: chocolate protein powder with pb2, pb2 and maple syrup, pumpkin puree vanilla protein powder and pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 cup applesauce and cinnamon with stevia to sweeten
    banana oat breakfast cookies: 1 cup quick oats mixed with 2 ripe bananas. form into cookies and bake 450 about 15 minutes
    2 eggs or egg whites with spinach, mushroom, peppers, onion and add cheese if desired, with salsa
    "pancakes" 1/3 cup egg whites and half a banana. mix well then pour in skillet and cook like pancakes
    egg sammich: 1 or 2 eggs cooked over easy or hard, on a bagel thin with cream cheese, slliced onion and lettuce

lunches: i will also bring oatmeal for lunch
    mash chick peas with avoacado, add a little mayo too if needed. mix with onion and relish and put on sandwich thins with lettuce and tomato
    make a soup in a slow cooker (cabbage, carrots, potatos, celery, veg broth and diced tomatos)

dinners:
    tortellini salad (cook tortellini, service over a bed of spinach with pepper mushroom banana peppers onion olives and toss with olive oil lemon juice red wine vinegar and oregano)
    stroganoff (meatless crumbles or real meat, stir in onion, mushroom, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream or greek yogurt) and serve of egg noodles or shirataki noodles
    a stir fry with lots of veggies served over rice, shirataki noodles or quinoa
    quinoa risotto - mix in spaghetti sauce and parm cheese and serve with veggies
    pizzadilla: using a low carb tortilla, spread spaghetti sauce, add veggies and cheese or whatever pizza toppings you like, place on a skillet and when cheese melts flip in half like a quesadilla until it is crispy

dessert: freeze a banana in pieces then blend until an ice cream consistency, stir in chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, whatever you prefer
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What great recipes! Thanks everyone!
  • kellyfeenan
    Options
    egg whites and fat free feta cheese omelet. I add in a 100 calorie whole wheat tortilla. Fat Free Feta doesn't taste fat free. More bang for your taste buds!
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    SUNKEN TREASURE SHELLS (Original recipe taken from Cooks.com; my modifications in parenthesis)

1/2 (12 oz.) pkg. jumbo pasta shells (I make 12- 15 shells)
    6 oz. crabmeat or imitation crab (I use a full package of Transocean imitation.It may be an 8 oz package)
    6 oz. pkg. sm. frozen, cooked shrimp (I usually exculde and only do the imitation grab. Great with it, though)
    4 oz. creamy Havarti cheese, cubed (If you can find dill Havarti, I use it and add the extra dill)
    1 tsp. dill weed

SAUCE:
    3 tbsp. butter (I've cut to 0.5 T of EVOO)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 c. onion, chopped (I omit b/c hubby hates them)
    1/4 c. finely chopped fresh parsley (I usually add ~3/4 tsp dried parsley)
    1 tsp. dried basil
    2 tsp. flour (I increase to 1T cornstarch)
    1/2 c. dry white wine (I use chicken broth)
    1/4 c. water (I exclude)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x12 inch glass baking pan. Cook shells according to package directions.
    In a medium bowl, combine crab, shrimp, cheese and dill. Stuff into shells and place open side up in baking dish.

Prepare sauce: Melt butter and saute garlic, onions, parsley and basil until tender. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle in flour, stir. Slowly add wine and water, stir as sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper. Pour over shells. Bake for 30 minutes (I only bake ~15 min until the cheese melts).

With the modifications I've made, it's ~85 calories/shell. I typically eat 2 or 3 with a large salad and other vegetables. Leftovers are yummy.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    2 large chicken breasts
    1 can rotel
    1 can black beans
    1 can low sodium corn
    1 packet taco seasoning

Crock pot on low 6-8 hours
    Shred chicken
    Serve with tortillas or on a salad
    2/3 c 124 calories

We call this Mexican chicken stack and serve it over rice. yum!

I love all the ideas here. Can't wait to try them.
  • thilyer
    thilyer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nix0224
    Nix0224 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • jpoblete77
    jpoblete77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husbands favorite dinner, super easy! kids love it too! This will look like something you buy at a gourmet restaurant
    wild caught salmon filets - sprinkle generously Magic salmon seasoning, basil, garlic powder(without the salt), and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil, cook 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

Package of quinoa, I get the tri-color from trader joes. Cook according to instructions, add TB of grassfed butter and salt to taste.

Sautee onions and mushrooms and use it to garnish quinoa.

I think I finished this in 30 minutes. If you're watching your carbs, skip the quionoa and use asparagus instead. Sautee crushed garlic in olive oil until a little brown, add asparagus (with ends cut), add a little soy sauce or oyster sauce, sprinkle some pepper ( a little salt optional). Cook for about 6 minutes.
  • nwelzen
    nwelzen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you like pizza, you can make a pizza for 300-350 calories depending on toppings.

I use Flatout Flat Bread (the large size) - the lo-cal version is only 90 calories
    For the sauce I use 2 tablespoons of whatever sauce fits the pizza - pizza sauce, bbq sauce, taco sauce, etc
    For the cheese I use 3/8 ounce of pizza cheese
    For the toppings use what you like - I generally only add one meat topping (chicken, ham, Canadian bacon, taco meat, lean burger)
    Add any veggie toppings or whatever you like.

Oven 350 degrees. Put the crust in the oven first for just a couple minutes, then add the toppings, once the cheese is melted, I turn the broiler on for just a minute or so to toast up the cheese a bit. Voila, you can eat the whole thing.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jpoblete77
    jpoblete77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here's another that is so delicious thrown together the night before:

1/2 cup old fashioned uncooked oatmeal
    ripe fruits or frozen fruits such as blueberries or mixed berries
    nonfat yogurt
    tsp brown sugar, or preferred sweetener (I like stevia)
    cinammon, vanilla

mixed together, and eat for breakfast. Kids approved..yum!!!
  • Beccraywards
    Beccraywards Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everybody for giving me your suggestions.. going to try some of these over the next couple of weeks as there is so many, will be much better than just having the same old stuff!! Thanks soo much :)!!
  • avocado22
    avocado22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessicahuffman2
    jessicahuffman2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a lover of the stemed vegies =] love all of the great ideas on here!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    fajitas - grill peppers and white meat chicken, white fish is also great with this
    put on your fav. salsa
    I love mango, chipotle, or salsa verde
    done

try bex life blog/you tube channel
    she has some really simple recipes, most are healthy
    and great for those just learning
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    bump