Who wears a HRM for 30 day shred?

Options
I just got the DVD and I was wondering about the calorie burn. :)

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I do! I burn around 350-370 calories with level 1 and level 2. (I haven't moved on the Level 3 yet). I'm 5'7' and 251 pounds, just to give you an idea.
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hit about 275-300 cals for level 1 and am 5'9" and 180lbs.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    It's just one level per session right? Do level one each day until comfortable and then move on to level 2 and so on right? Because I don't think I could do 1,2 & 3 together.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't move on until you are a little more comfortable...but asking who does it and has a HRM isn't really going to be acurate because everyone has different intensity and atleast my monitor goes by my own setting...it wouldn't be the same for you....but I guess if you just wanted a rough idea it would be ok...hope this helps, sorry
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ardera, you're supposed to do level one for 10 days, level 2 for the second ten days and level three for the last 10 days. but from what i've heard it can be very intense so only do what you're comfortable with. if you do the exercises right, you will burn calories. a friend of mine did it. i don't think she made it past level one, but she did see some results.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    @timbotina I have a HRM that I wear during my workouts. I was just curious to what others calorie burn might be.

@WB thanks for the instructions. That was not at all clear to me in the video. Lol.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    @timbotina I have a HRM that I wear during my workouts. I was just curious to what others calorie burn might be.

@WB thanks for the instructions. That was not at all clear to me in the video. Lol.

Oh, ok--great....I did the Last chance workout -- I think they are all about the same....one 30 min segment and burned 419 calories....good idea to post so you can see if you need to kick it up or you are doing about average.....I will keep checking back also to see....thanks!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to wear my husband's HRM... the most I've burned according to mine is 185 calories. When I'm doing it... I go full power until circuit 3 & then tone it down a bit. I even do a combination of both Anita & Natalie versions. Eh, who knows... I'm losing weight, so I guess I'll be happy.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Thanks for being curious. I stopped doing it b/c it didn't burn enough calories for me (I don't own a HRM) and at 137lbs it said I only burned 166 cals on MFP. MFP is usually accurate to some extent (within 50cal I would say) so that was disappointing. That’s so, Turbo Jam is far superior so I'll stay with my beloved Chalene, lol ;)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've only been adding in 155 calories for the Level 1 workout. I just had no idea. I don't have a HRM yet. I also so the elliptical and swim some days. I gained 2 lbs this week, so very discouraging.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When I started doing it, i was burning 300 calories per level. Now that I'm more fit and used to it, I'm burning 230-250 for 27 minutes of it. I burn more doing Level 1 and 2 than 3, since Level 3 has more moves where you're on the floor so my heart rate is lower.
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I average about 175 calories burnt per each workout. I just moved onto Level 3 and love it!
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After reading Sara's post, I thought I better check my calorie burn for 30 Day Shred again. I too feel like it is a bit easier now that I am healthier but I didn't realize that the calorie burn was that different. I am 5'9" and currently 177lbs. I used to burn over 300 cals but when I checked the other day it was only 177 cals. Kind of funny that the cals and my current weight were the same but I'm not really liking the lower calorie count. Oh well I rather be healthier then not so I guess burning less calories because it is easier can't be an entirely bad thing. :)