Logging tennis in MFP

Options
Apologies if this is a silly question. When logging "minutes performed" for tennis, should you enter the length of the match, or should you try to estimate the time you spent actually playing points?

To put it another way, does the calorie calculation take into account the normal pauses after each point, court changes, etc.?

Replies

• XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I was asking myself the same question as I've been playing a decent amount of tennis lately. I assume it's for a game that keeps you decently active aka between players that have experience. I log in the whole duration when I play against a brick wall or in a racketball court by myself as obviously it's more demanding.
  • karinaskorner
    karinaskorner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just did a search on "tennis" and came across this post from last month. I play competitive tennis 4-6 times/wk either doubles or
    singles and noticed the calories burned for the MFP is a bit exagerated. I take 15mins. off the timeframe(that's abouth the time between change overs) in a regular match. After I take off the 15 mins, I then take off at least 50 calories due to the exagerated
    amt. this site gives....hope that helps....there are sites that ask your weight that I find more accurate.

Have fun on the courts!
  • thin2win777
    thin2win777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hello! I log 1/2 of total minutes spent on the court, from when I set foot on it to the moment I leave.