Low-cal dip for veggies?

Options
I like to snack on fresh veggies, but it's hard for me to eat them by themselves. Anyone have any suggetions for low-cal dips that I can try for fresh carrots, snap peas, celery, etc? Thanks! :)

Replies

• lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I love tsatsiki (low fat greek yogurt mixed with grated garlic and grated cucumber. ) or simply low fat creme fraiche, occasionally with whole grain mustard miked through.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I love The Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I think they are all only 35 calories, and great w veggies.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I use Galeos Miso Caesar on EVERYTHING! Only 14 cals per serving and 56 mg of sodium. It tastes like you're eating a ton of cals but you're not. It's my magic food!

Here's the link:
    http://www.galeoscafe.com/caesar.html

:flowerforyou:
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    Homemade hommus! Nomnomnom!!!
  • fraochin
    fraochin Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree on the homemade hummos! I make mine with lemon and coriander! Also sweet chilli dip is really low and is yummy with raw veg!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    roasted garlic hummus!!! yum yum
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Any of the mix based dips made with no fat sour cream come out OK. I often make French Onion dip and eat it with no fat Ruffles. 100 Calories for an ounce of chips and a tablespoon of dip. You can also replace some of the sour cream with no fat mayo if you want it to be creamier and keep about the same calorie count.
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    I love tsatsiki (low fat greek yogurt mixed with grated garlic and grated cucumber. ) or simply low fat creme fraiche, occasionally with whole grain mustard miked through.

Where do you buy creme fraiche???? I am originally from germany and have yet been able to find it in the US..... *hopes*
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options

Where do you buy creme fraiche???? I am originally from germany and have yet been able to find it in the US..... *hopes*

Sorry - I'm posting from the UK :blushing:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Any of the Bolthouse Farms yogurt-based salad dressings make a good dip. My favorite is Caesar Parmigiano. It's SO good!
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    If you can get the low-fat or low cal sour cream in the States it's pretty much the same as creme fraiche....I'm from the US but in the UK, the only difference is that sour cream is a bit thicker. :) Hope that helps!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I use Galeos Miso Caesar on EVERYTHING! Only 14 cals per serving and 56 mg of sodium. It tastes like you're eating a ton of cals but you're not. It's my magic food!

Here's the link:
    http://www.galeoscafe.com/caesar.html

:flowerforyou:

I was so excited about this but went to the site and it costs $16 to ship to Canada YIKES!! Is this product regularly found in US grocery stores? If so, I'll just add it my my US-Only grocery list for the next time I go on vaca or if not, I'll order it to my hotel room like I did this awesome dress from Walmart (awesome dress from Walmart sounds like an oxymoron but it was a stunning red short semi-formal dress for $12, beautiful!)

I should just go running to the US today, today being CANADA DAY and all. Happy Birthday Canada!
  • lauranorth
    lauranorth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Blend cottage cheese until smooth add dill and garlic
  • lauranorth
    lauranorth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Blend cottage cheese until smooth add dill and garlic
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I buy hummus from trader joes (lazy). Only 50 cals per tbsp. I'm leery of low cal dressing but will check out the galeos thing cause I love dips

Actually I've been eating veggies and hummus as a meal recently cause I crave it
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    thanks guy! those all sound like great options-- i've been afraid to let low-fat sour cream in the house (i'm afraid i'll start putting it in everything) but maybe i'll give it a shot. :)
  • pauao
    pauao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree, Galeos Miso Caesar is the BEST!!!!
  • jmbarragan
    jmbarragan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe that I created.

Light Daisy 16 oz container with
    1 dry packet of ranch dressing mix and
    1 Litpon Onion soup mix dry packet.

If you make it right away you won't be tempted to eat it on anything else and it is only approx 44 calories for every 2 TBSP. You don't need very much on each piece of vegetables because it has a lot of flavor. Cuts down on needing to use so much.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wow, I tried the galeo toasted sesame it is awesome, so thick and tasty! I cant believe its so low calorie! My only complaint is that it should come in a tub, I can't get it to pour and won't come out without fishing it out with a knife :grumble:
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also use the blended cottage cheese with spices. I use fat free cottage cheese, as I don't think it tastes any different.