Under cal, definitely not hungry.

Options
I'm new!

I just made my diary public. I'm 5'6, 27 years old, 176.6 lb. On average from all of the calculators, it seems as though my BMR is approximately 1529. I set the MFP app to 1350 per day. Try as I might, I cannot NET 1350. Usually way under. I simply cannot increase my intake. I'd get sick. I have lots of energy and have a great time during workouts and have no sleep disruptions with where my intake is now. I cannot imagine netting 1350 or more per day. Most days I net around 1,000cal and feel completely satisfied, energized and had a fun workout with no severe fatigue. Any insight?

Replies

• liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If your not hungry, don't eat. Try to slide in a couple days a week where you try to eat more, but if you feel fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone on this site is crazy about "starvation mode" and eating ALL the time, but... it's a load, I think. Here, look into this ---> http://www.theiflife.com/intermittent-fasting-101-how-to-start-part-i/

And now is when I will get attacked by others on the forum for giving a different opinion other than "EAT MORE WEIGH LESS", so I probably won't be back to this post. Wanna talk more? Feel free to add me :) Good luck with your weight loss!
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    As long as your feeling energetic then your good to go.
  • fitdanes
    fitdanes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Overall I agree and I think you're good to go as well (as the other comments said). I'm not entirely sure I believe in starvation mode from everything I read. I really think at the end of the day its whatever works for your body. I do think though that if you are worried about your caloric intake being too little, you could try putting some high density calories in there. I can think of a few out there, for example nuts (small amounts-highly caloric) but they're good for you! Also nut butters, and you could try flaxseeds (90 cals in 2 tbsp).
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND OLIVE OILS on salads and such, if you're worried about calories. They're good calories and there's a lot in a little bit.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I am kind of confused how people cannot eat even 1200 calories because they are so full all the time. How did they get overweight in the first place? I eat 1200- 1400 calories a day but I have no issues reaching that number either.
    I mean, it would be nice to be full after 1000 calories but if that was the case I wouldn't sit here trying to lose weight.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Ignore the ads, but this page has a sensible write up on what "starvation mode" really is. If you're feeling energetic, you're fine. If you stop feeling energetic, eat some nuts, or chocolate, to bring that total up, if you can't manage to choke down something more substantial.

http://www.dotfit.com/content.aspx?id=1459
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about calories, drop the fat free and weight control stuff, and make higher-calorie choices (avoid skim milk, choose bananas over apples, etc). Even just having a glass of milk with every meal will give you an easy bump.