New to MFP

Options
Just thought I would take some time to post on the community forums. A girlfriend told me about the site and I have been slacking on taking my weight loss seriously. Ever since I started my job in IT the pounds just keep adding up and thought today would be a good day to be proactive about my fitness. I used to be pretty in shape a few years back when I was actively playing rugby but since then I've lost my self. No time like the present right?

Looking for anyone who would be willing to add me I'm extremely interested in having some friends or followers who are in the gym regularly for diet and work out help. I really am looking forward to putting some muscle on my frame and toning it out.. I've always had an idea on how I wanted my body to look and now just looking to make my vision a reality. I am active on social media so if you have Twitter(@smOBuddaBSM), Instagram(@smOBudda), Snapchat, Kik(smOBudda) wouldn't mind adding a few friends to my online social network :]

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I used to do concrete work and wasn't slim by any means but i was pretty damn fit. Then I got my lovely desk job. Oy! As long as you take that first step and don't stop you are headed in the right direction.
  • smOBudda
    smOBudda Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks, that's the plan anyway. By the way your avatar and username A+.
  • mgore0404
    mgore0404 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My husband works on computers all day, and that's his number one complaint. We are going to start walking together on his lunch break, The pounds sure do creep up on you when you are not doing much don't they.
    I do the gym about 4 days a week, mostly cardio right now, but going to start lifting soon. After I hit 30 days on MFP I'm going to add in another routine! People here can be very friendly, I love this tool!
  • smOBudda
    smOBudda Posts: 4
    Options
    It's easy to just put everything your eating to side and not be conscious about what your eating. I can attest to that believe me. I plan on getting back into the gym within the next week and become proactive about cardio as well as some lifting. It's going to take some time but I've just had enough. No more excuses for me.. :]