Jeans don't fit my waist and thighs at the same time

Options
I'm 5'8" my waist at my belly button is 27" and its 26" at the narrowest point. My thighs are 23.5" around each. And I measures around the widest part of my butt and it was 39". My weight is 137 lbs. I'm not big and my only reason to lose weight is that my thighs are large compared to the rest of my measurements. They're not disturbingly big and I don't think they look bad ( untoned atm but nothing too bad) but I'd be more comfortable if I could at least fit in one type of jeans properly. This really stresses me out. I have sensory issues with how my clothes feel on my body so having too much or not enough fabric in certain areas feels extra bad.
I used to wear mens jeans because I could get relaxed fit ones so my thighs had space. Well, now I'm a bit older and I realize that look isn't really flattering. I've been wearing pac sun girls skinny jeans for maybe 2 years now. I wear a 13 there in skinny jeans. The waist is huge on them and the rise barely covers my butt. All a belt does is clump up the excess material which looks bad and feels bad and tugs my underwear down so I end up with plumbers crack. Problem is, technically my waist fits nicely in a 9 at pacsun but my thighs won't fit until size 13. I can shove myself into a 9 if I don't bend so I know for a fact my waist fits in them properly lol and an 11 is better but still a tad too tight for my legs.
Today I was shopping at tj maxx for women's skinny jeans and a 6 wouldn't pull up past my calves. 8 fit my thighs correctly but my waist too loosely and the rise, yet again, barely covered my butt. I get it, it's low rise but plumbers crack is not ok. 10s where too big everywhere. The lady at the dressing room pulled out a tape measure and a book to help me determine my size. Top of my hips, where low rise jeans sit on me, is 34". The book said 34" waist is size 14. That isn't my waist size though and 14s would be huge on me. 27" waist puts me in size 6 which clearly wasn't working.
Then I went to walmart and tried a 6m there but they were huge. So I tried a curvy cut jean (which I hate the look of since I like skinny jean style and the legs on these weren't skinny style) and they just bowed out on the sides and gave me hip flaps. I'm not even sure what that material was trying to accomplish but it looked really bad. Like floppy dog ears on my hips.
Basically, my thighs fit one size and my waist fits another and no 2 brands are the same. It didn't help that I asked my mom to help me at first so she looked me up and down for a second then grabbed a size 16 from the rack and told me to try them on. She justified it because she doesn't understand that juniors sizes aren't the same as women's so she assumed I wear a 13 juniors must be close to a 14 women's at least. Still did not impress me but I guess I sort of see her logic.
Its been a long day and I needed to vent. What brands make jeans for the large-butted small-waisted women of the world???

Replies

• nauticaboo
    nauticaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try Old Navy Sweetheart cut skinny jeans. There is a 9" difference between the smallest part of my waist, and the biggest part of my hips/but, and Old Navy Sweetheart clothes are the only ones I get. They are mid rise, so they cover the butt, and they are stretchy, so they fit without being baggy.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Tailoring can be affordable if you shop around. I have taken pants in at the waist before and it was totally worth the cost.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One thing I've had to do to accommodate the hip to waist ratio was to put two tucks, like a dart, at the waist. Not sure if this is helpful for your situation or not.
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    American eagle offers several different rises from and cuts do give them a looking into took me years to stumble on them.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    OMG our measurements in inches are very smiliar but I am 5'4'' and 145lbs. Anyway, 2 things: Pacsun skinny stretch jeans really really work well on my body with my tiny waist and large thighs/bum(don't know if you tried that kind from there or just their regular kind). Second thing, I don't know if you have tried it but I lose 2 inches around each thigh when I did jillian michaels killer buns and thighs dvd from walmart for 10$. IT really worked for me.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    try Levi's curvy fit. Or Ann Taylor Loft. Shopping can be a big pain in the *kitten*. I have a difficult time finding proportional clothing too.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I'll have to check the brands, but I got some jeans at Beall's Outlet the other day that fit me all around not just one or the other. I'll look when I get off work in the morning and let you know tomorrow.
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have always had the same problem, actually we are very close, I weigh 3lbs more. I want the elastic cinchers my kids have on their pants! Tailoring helps, I have to look into the Pacsun jeans. Curvy fit have helped, but hard to find where I am...
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I go to a local jeans store (im in australia and its called jeans west) and they have all different sorts for different bodies....i have a small waist and am bigger on the hips so i wear some from there called "curve creator" go to a chain of stores and ask to be fitted. :)
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Target makes "curvy" pants down to a size 0. Thats what I wear (I don't wear a size 0)
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We have similar body shapes. I'm 27" waist, 38" hips and 22" thighs. My go to brand for inexpensive jeans is american eagle... I buy 1 style of their boot cut jeans and buy them in all different washes... They are conformable and affordable. My calves however will not fit into their skinny jeans... For more of a go out jean I do the Silver Aiko skinny jeans. Silver also makes Suki which are also thigh friendly.
  • JessieNight
    JessieNight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with Jessica Simpson jeans sold in Macys.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has great jeans to help with this problem
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Try PZI. Sexy too! I love the colors they make.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I second old navy. They are the only jeans I've ever had that fit my legs without the waist hanging off me (I hate having too much pressure on my legs I just can't handle too tight jeans...not really sure what that's about)

I prefer the flirt to the sweetheart cut though
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen www.BarbellApparel.com? They make jeans for those with skinny waists and muscular legs!