any other vegans/vegeterians?

Options
... I have lost 20 lbs over the last 8 weeks with another 80 to go it seemed like this would be a a good place to continue my journey..

Replies

• ArielWillowtree
    Options
    Hi!

I've been vegan for a year now, and vegetarian since I can remember. I don't have much weight to lose, but I love meeting vegans and vegetarians as I know very few in real life! Congrats on your weight loss!

-Ariel
  • sparklygrneyes
    Options
    Hi there! I became a vegetarian in Jan 2012 and have LOVED every moment of it. I am thinking about going vegan but not sure I can give up cheese and yogurt. We can be MFP friends for support if you would like! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for over 20 years and just started with excluding dairy and eggs recently. There are several groups for vegetarians/vegans. Do a search for them under community, then look at a few of the message boards. Each group is a little different and has different frequency of posts. I have learned a lot from everyone, and I certainly enjoy the support! :)

Glad that you are progressing in your health goals! :)
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am a pescetarian, I only eat a certain amount of fish and chicken when I go over friends house when its offered. I would recommend speaking to your doctor before you make this decision as I became Anemic when I decided to do it all on my own and not read about certain things first.. I take multi vitamins to try and fix this issue from becoming Vegetarian and then switching to Pescetarian. Honestly being either doesn't mean you loose weight faster or anything, just means your creating a healthier body without processed foods :) which yes in turn will make you loose some weight.
  • jeanieressel
    Options
    me too...new to mfp and gave up meat almost a year ago...hard to leave cheese and yogurt, tho....but i want to....what concerns me is that mfp tells me i need to consume 300 grams of cholesterol per day....once i stop eating all animal protein (the only way to get cholesterol besides what your own body produces) i will not have a source....WHAT SAY myfitnesspal??
  • rose070
    rose070 Posts: 3
    Options
    I actually just became a vegetarian recently. I haven't seen a difference in my weight yet because its so recent, but I feel so much better healthier! Its definitely worth it :smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for ethical reasons for a long time. Feel free to add me
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I put my Incisors and Bicuspids to work and ate em!
    It's the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, there are none left!
    However, we did trim all the fat off first. :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • vegan_rose
    Options
    I'm a Vegan and have been for a while, it's the best change I have ever made and totally changed my life for the better. I could never see myself going back to eating or using any animal products. I am a vegan for ethical reasons and I also have a dairy and egg allergy too. Not a problem now I'm a Vegan though although I do have to be careful.of warnings on packets. Anyway if you want to add me as a friend your welcome too. I love being vegan, I still enjoy food very much and thanks to MFP I am looking weight as well :-).
  • BonjourLamour
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about 17 years now, and have been vegan in the past : ) Feel free to add me ❤ and great job on loosing 20lbs!
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all thanks for your posts of support offers of friendship and the belly laugh from our resident zombie.. have joined a few groups and am doing well perhaps to well losing weight more quickly than I would like as I am finding it hard to meet the calorie requirements on veg fruit and seeds... :flowerforyou:

same offer in return on sending friend requests
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and still have 15 pounds to lose! They are being quite stubborn though...
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It will come off... an old saying the closer to the bone the leaner the meat... think of it as being that much closer to your goal..

congrats