Detox

Options
I've heard about detoxing your body. What I'm wondering is if it works and what it actually does.

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Your body does this on it's own, no need to do anything special other than eat a moderately healthy diet.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've heard about detoxing your body. What I'm wondering is if it works and what it actually does.

Nothing. If your internal organs work fine your body does it for you already. If not see a doctor immediately.
  • NYFAN07
    NYFAN07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dont detox. If your going to diet against the grain, go with a low calorie diet. Herschel Walker only eats only one meal a day consisting of chicken, soup, and salad (anywhere from 400-1000Kcal ) yet he is one of the greatest athletes of all time.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Dont detox. If your going to diet against the grain, go with a low calorie diet. Herschel Walker only eats only one meal a day consisting of chicken, soup, and salad (anywhere from 400-1000Kcal ) yet he is one of the greatest athletes of all time.
    Yea, don't do this.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

No.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

I doubt this.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I call shenanigans!

And OP- no.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    This is your post:

This is your post in picture form:
    tumblr_mid772M30S1r30r4xo1_500.gif

The only smart thing you said was, "Don't detox." Bloody hell...
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    There are at least 2 days per year where I just drink a lot of water, but that will be as far as I ever go. Detox is best left up to professionals who can detox you in case of severe poisoning; really what other need is there?
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options

Are you an addict? Because that's the only detox I know of that's actually a "thing". Everything else is marketing.
  • torramj
    torramj Posts: 1
    Options
    My niece told me about this article on her Facebook page (Eliana's Hope)...nutritional and herbal remedies. I think I will try it. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My niece told me about this article on her Facebook page (Eliana's Hope)...nutritional and herbal remedies. I think I will try it. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Why?
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Please don't try this. You have nothing to detox.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i detox daily... sometimes multiple times a day. its called pooping.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There are a number of healthy foods loaded with macro and micro nutrients that are believed to help your body in its own detoxification process - parsley, garlic, lemon, ginger, leafy greens, etc. (I am sure a quick google search would turn up a plethora.) I try to eat a balanced diet rich in these kinds of foods and nutrients, I drink at least 64 oz a day of water, I take spirulina daily and that's all the detox I need. I know a lot of people have had different experiences with detox/cleanses, i.e. fasts, juice fasts, but I tend to think if you don't eat a bunch of toxins you don't need to go to great lengths to detox. Your body knows what to do.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

yiiiike :noway: