35 yo wife& mother w Fibromyalgia ready to shed weight!

hi friends. I am new to this awesome site. I have move outside of Camp LeJeune and I am ready to get back into shape. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and the weight I have gained makes me depressed. I am 5'9 and weigh 218, I feel really unsexy like the last few years, lots of emotional eating and I feel unsexy and lack confidence. I want to get to my goal of 160 and be the sexiest wife. I'm starting to enjoy life a little more again so any advice & tips of getting back in shape, boosting my metabolism and becoming sexy again..id appreciate it. Learning to let go and not be anxious. Our new home is on the water in a safe neighborhood. I am joining the gym and want to tan. Here is to the new beginning, xx Kiki

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Hey there. I totally understand how it can be. Getting in shape can definitely be difficult with fibro. Some days I just don't want to do anything. You can feel free to add me as a friend!
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    I hope you can get it all working in the right direction. I know what the Fibromyalgia means as my wife suffers from this and a few other awful genetic conditions. She is about your same height and weighs a little less than your current intended goal weight.

The pain she endures is unfathomable sometimes. If you like you can add me. My wife doesn't currently have any MFP friends except for me. If you would like I could see if she would link up with your MFP so you guys could share info. She is the one with the experience in this area. She is one tough cookie.
  • Tabitha81
    Tabitha81 Posts: 14 Member
    You have a great outlook and sounds like you are off to a AWESOME start please feel free to add me as a friend.