Look What You Can Do with a RICE COOKER

Options
2»

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I love my rice cooker (got one for Christmas). So far I just use it for rice. I love being able to just throw the rice and water in it and forget about it. I think I'll have to try this. :)
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use mine for porridge/oatmeal. I add enough for 2 with a half milk half water mix and a handful of dried fruit and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Set it on cook and check on it occasionally stiring... yum!!!

I also put soups in mine.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Im just sad I do not have a rice cooker. Sounds delish! :sad:

You can grab one on Amoazon for 20-30 bucks. This one's 30 and is even programmable. :)http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-ARC-914SBD-Uncooked-Digital-Steamer/dp/B007WQ9YNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365357954&sr=8-1&keywords=Rice+cooker

I have the basic Aroma one-i love it, it works great and even came with a tray to steam vegetables, which actually works freat. I think I'm going to upgrade mine to the programmable one though. I made quinoa in my rice cooker the other day... I love mine:)
  • slimchick04
    slimchick04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great ideas! thanks so much for posting. can't wait to use my rice cooker for something other than rice!
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good idea.thanks