do i have to eat the 1200 calories

Options
Hi I'm new at this and i bearly started I want to lose just a few pounds, if this work I wanna tell my sister about this so i need some help, do I have to eat the 1200 calories or can i eat less like 800 or 900 for it to work any answers would help thanks.

Replies

• fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You should eat atleast 1200 for basic functions, meaning, no you should not eat 800 calories.
    Even when people are in coma they are fed over 1200.

Post your Age / Weight / Height
    Job or any exercise you're doing

So we can help you find a healthy calorie goal
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1200 is way below what you need, so you will lose all the weight you want if you stay at that number. To go any lower would be silly because cravings would get intense and then you will be dreaming of food. lol.
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you ate that amount, you wouldn't lose permanent weight. You'd gain it back quicker than you lost it. It's unhealthy for that small of an amount; your body would go into starvation mode and hang on to the fat it has.
  • Marcidy
    Marcidy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I attempted to eat under 800 calories and I actually GAINED weight because my body thought it was starving so it stored everything I ate! I lost the most weight while eating 1200 calories on non-active days and 1500 on days when I was active. Not to mention what everyone else has said! The cravings will be terrible and the likelihood of the weight creeping back on is high! :(
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Why not eat more than 1200? I eat 1500-2200 cals a day and losing weight just fine. I like to eat and would rather eat as much as possible and still lose weight. Plus it will make switching to maintenance super easy.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1700 calories a day and am losing weight. Please don't starve yourself thinking you will get quicker results. Even if you did, they won't be sustainable. What's your weight/height/activity level? What does the website say you should be eating?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you eat under 1200, you will likely lose muscle mass along with fat. Muscle mass is lean body mass and is more metabolically active than fat. That means that muscle burns more calories at rest than fat. Losing muscle mass will lower your metabolism, and you'll burn less calories at rest. Not good for weight loss.
  • ceccam
    ceccam Posts: 3
    Options
    alright everybody thanks it tells me that i should eat 1200 calories a day so ill try my best to eat that or a couple of more, cause i dont wanna lose than gain it back easily and besides i just wanna lose those five to ten pounds that are super hard to lose thanks again everybody for your advice. :)