cracking knees

Options
anyone else have knees that make a cracking noise? It doesn't hurt or anything. Anytime I do squats or anything that requires to bend my knees.... CRACCCK!

Replies

• amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine do too! It is really more of an annoyance for sure!
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ever since I can remember, even when I was little, every time I bend my knees the crack...i can stand here and bend, bend, bend, and they would crack each time
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Used to happen to me all the time..now not too often..i wonder what changed..

i started eating healthier for sure so it could possibly be the lack of some nutrients?
  • annie_bob
    annie_bob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Usually, it's just excess air within the joint, and the cracking noise is the air escaping.
    If you experience pain at any point, go to your GP.
    Glucosamine helps lubricate joints if you get like an arthritic/ stiff feel to the joint at any point.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Used to happen to me all the time..now not too often..i wonder what changed..

i started eating healthier for sure so it could possibly be the lack of some nutrients?

that's good to know! I hope it stops! I know I've never injured myself.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Usually, it's just excess air within the joint, and the cracking noise is the air escaping.
    If you experience pain at any point, go to your GP.
    Glucosamine helps lubricate joints if you get like an arthritic/ stiff feel to the joint at any point.

thank you!
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Another thing about crackling knees it might be cartilage damage or arthritis.

Check them out if they begin to swell.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeee!
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yep, but pretty much all my joints do this. Every time I move, something cracks. I'm an old lady at 23 :sad:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It happens to many of us!

In my gym group, you can hear it all around the room. Click click click. We like to joke that we're getting old. XD
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    always happens to me. Also happens in my shoulders first thing in the morning. I always attribute it to air.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Its so bad I have actually given my companions the giggles going upstairs.....