Insanity

Options
Hi all I am new to this site and have just started insanity, currently on day 5.
What I don't understand is the amount of calories I am surposed to have per day.
So here's my info:
I am male
I am 31
Height is 5"8
Weight 233
My goals are to lose 42lb ish in total. (Not just in this round of insanity unless its possible)
Now my bmr is 2170 (according to the equation in the manual) so what amount of calories is best for me to go on to burn the most fat while doing insanity.
During my normal day I will travel in a car for 3-4 hr be on my feet about 5-7 hours a day.
I have put my self between 2600/2800 but I really don't know if that's too much or too little.
On this web site when you set a healthy plan it's putting me on 1900 calories so I really don't know where to go from here
I am trying to stay between around 20% fat 40% carbs 40% protien.
Thanks

Replies

• lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Here is the formula I got from the Insanity nutrition guide.

Step 1

66+(6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age)

Step 2

(When doing insanity your physical level is either Moderately active or Very active)

Moderately active is 1.55 and Very active is 1.7

So multiply you answer from step 1 to either 1.55 or 1.7

Step 3

Now because you want to loose weight you will subtract 500 calories per day (The total from step 2)

Here is the link, it has some good info so check it out! If you need anymore help don't hesitate to send me a msg.

http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity Nutrition Guide.pdf
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I would say you could eat 2600 calories and see how your body responds. That would be fueling your body enough to get great results with Insanity. Everyone's body responds differently, so I would start there and monitor to see how things go.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Here is the formula I got from the Insanity nutrition guide.

Step 1

66+(6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age)

Step 2

(When doing insanity your physical level is either Moderately active or Very active)

Moderately active is 1.55 and Very active is 1.7

So multiply you answer from step 1 to either 1.55 or 1.7

Step 3

Now because you want to loose weight you will subtract 500 calories per day (The total from step 2)

Here is the link, it has some good info so check it out! If you need anymore help don't hesitate to send me a msg.

http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity Nutrition Guide.pdf

Using those formulas, you would have me doing Insanity and eating only 50 calories more than my BMR. Big huge NO-NO, lol.

I agree with you up to the point where you say to subtract 500 calories. That is so generic and doesn't take into account a person's BMR, lean body mass, etc.

It's much easier to take a moderate percentage off of your TDEE for fat loss. The type of exercise doesn't matter whether it's Insanity, 30DS, or whatever (regardless of what a "coach" from an MLM company will tell you). You don't want to eat to few calories or you risk injury, stalls, plateaus, etc.
  • brblja5
    brblja5 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi,

i just finished day 4 of insanity- cardio recovery.. it was so good cause i could barely walking yesterday and its much better after all the stretching..

is it ok if i repeat cardio recovery again today ?