Best website to find running events?

Options
Hi,

Went for my 1st run for almost 20 years (I'm 36) on Friday (5k) and although I am still aching two days later I am itching to go again once the muscles are no longer feeling bruised and my question is what is the best website for finding running events in the UK.

I intend to keep running until I can do a decent 5k time maybe going up to 10k and possibly one day a half or full marathon.

I am struggling to find a good website. I am looking for fun runs rather than serious runs or runs that have serious runners and fun runners combined.

I am based in North Wales and would prefer local races but would travel to nationally recognised events as well in the future.

I ran the 5k in 33mins in case anyone was wondering what my 1st run in nearly 20 years was like time wise.

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    runnersworld is the most comprehensive. i think you have to sign up, but dont need a pay subscription to access events.

or if yiu have a an idea of what you want to do a d when, pm me and i'll look fir you.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/events/

Parkrun is very well organised - they do a 5k run every Saturday morning, you might be able to find one near you.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • welshreduk
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, just signed up to runners world and had a look at parkrun.org but they don't have any events near me (I am in North Wales and the nearest is Aberystwyth.

There is a 10k in Abersoch June 1st but I won't be doing a 10k that soon. I'll do any 5k right now.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it's also a good idea to see if you have some running clubs in your area. especially if you live near a city, there would be running clubs and possibly events that they hold too.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    there's a lovely half that goes round lake vyrnwy, which I always fancy doing - but that might be a little far for you? It's in september.