Low Thyroid, anyone else

Options
I was diagnoised with Hypothyroid back in September. I'm on synthroid and had my my dosage increased 4 times already. I am going for bloodwork soon to see if this is the right dose. Being hypo has made it sooooo hard to lose weight. I basically have been just maintaining with a weight loss of about 5 lbs and then stall..Anyone else hypo and sucessful in weight loss?

Replies

• MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Once you get your dosage right you shouldn't have any trouble losing weight. I have had hypothyroidism for many years and I have lost 90 pounds. The first 35 before I started using MFP. Just eat healthy, cut your calories and exercise. The weight will come off. You can do it!!
  • Saucytee
    Saucytee Posts: 31
    Options
    I have had hypothyroidism since I was 18 years old. I am 53 now. I recently changed doctors and he has already increased my dosage twice. He is closely monitoring it and actually told me low thyroid is something that should be checked several times a year. I have never been successful at losing weight easily. It had always been very hard. But it is improving!!!! And I am trusting when he gets it right things will improve even more. Don't give up!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Once you get your dosage right then it should be a nonissue for weightloss. I recently hadto decrease my dosage due to weightloss success. You can do it!!
  • capergirl770
    capergirl770 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I gained 17 kilos in 18months due t a low functioning thyroid, I think my thyroxine dose is finally right and I've been losing weight the last few months. It sucks doesn't it.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You hate to comment on these message boards for fear of being attacked. I get my blood work back on Wednesday. They said I might have a disease with mine added to low thyroid. I already went for the ultrasound. I found that drinking all my water for the day, cutting my sodium to under 1000, and eating less then 50 carbs a day has helped me with this issue. I haven't started any medicine yet because quite frankly Big Pharma scares me more. I just wanted to give people some ideas that might help with their fitness journey that is all.
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was born without a thyroid so I am very much hypo! It is always so much harder for me to lose weight and I never started to lose weight really until a couple of months ago. I mainly just try to focus on being active for a good amount of the day and portion control. The doctor just lowered my dosage which is a big step for me.

I wish you all the luck though! Feel free to add me if you'd like!