Only 8 lbs to lose - who's with me?

Options
KaltieEm
KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
Hey Guys! I'm new to this site, looking for support. I only have about 8 lbs to lose but from what I've heard those are the hardest. Started Ripped in 30 3 weeks ago but I haven't lost any weight, so it's time to count calories (sooo time consuming, hope I can stick to it). Who's with me on the way to losing last few pounds? Anybody who's done it and has precious advice? Greetings! Liz

Replies

• jeepgirl4ever
    Options
    I have around 10 lbs to lose. I started the Couch to 10K this week, and seriously counting calories. I know I can drop the weight, if I stick to a plan. Summer is coming, and I want to look and feel great!
  • ArielWillowtree
    Options
    Hi!

I am new to mfp, but ... rather well-versed when it comes to tracking calories. I only have about 5 lbs to lose, but the last ones can be the hardest if you don't have much to spare. I did reach my goal last summer, but gained a couple pounds back after a knee injury. I'm 19, Canadian, a Pilates enthusiast, and an aspiring runner :)

If you're looking for advice, I found that eliminating processed foods, artificial sweeteners and dairy we're key to breaking through my plateau. Hopefully it works for me this time around :)

Also I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred, and am on day 12. It's working for me; lost 2.5 lbs so far :)

So feel free to add me, I could use a friend or two

- Ariel
  • krenelynch
    krenelynch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since January and I absolutely love it! I've lost 15 pounds (was planning on losing 18 but dropped my goal weight another 2 pounds). I'm 5'0 and currently at 111.6. Now that I'm down to my last 5 I can't seem to lose anyway!! I'm just gonna have to give myself some extra time I guess?
  • thissnbites
    thissnbites Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i only have 8 pounds left, too. seems like it's going to be hard, since i'm in a healthy weight range already. from what i've been reading, weight lifting may be our answer....
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh Goodness I have about 7 pounds left to lose let me tell you I was at only 2 pounds left but I slipped BIG time. SO now I have 7 left to go. I am sitting here now trying to get some type of goals and get back on track!!!! Please any support is welcome!!!
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm at 8 pounds to go! My original gw was only 3 away, but I've dropped it 5, so I'm 8 away. I seem to be stalled a bit right now, but I've been adding lean muscle, so I think that may be why.

Counting calories with MFP isn't too bad, and is really lots easier after a couple of weeks. When you have entered several days worth, you can add food through your recents and your frequents.

I also find it very helpful to create recipes for the things I make often at home, makes it way easy to add to a meal. I haven't tried the My Meals function yet, probably should, as I often eat the same meals.