How to log some workout videos?

Options
Hi, I just did a 20 minute workout and it was really tough( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdN3D2PmmzI ) but I didn't know how to log it so I logged it as 'aerobics, general' and according to it I burned 115 calories. I think I actually burned this amount of calories or maybe even a little more but it doesn't feel right to log a workout like that as general aerobics. I don't know. So, if you're a workout video lover as me, how do you log them?

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I do not know the specific video but I try to find the closest type of exercise and log it as such, but I do not take as face value the number of calories that mfp states I burnt, ie fr 30 DS shred, I log it as circuit training, general
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    You could always get an HRM and log the calories from it
  • breezylou2
    breezylou2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercises like this are why I bought a heart rate monitor and calorie burn counter. This seems likes more than 125 calories worth of burn to me. Also, why are the women in their underwear but not the men?
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Jillian Michaels videos and create my own exercise. BUT, I wear a HRM to get a more accurate calorie burn. The only way to be relatively accurate is withone.
  • Dominantia
    Options
    Yeah, I think I should purchase one because sometimes I'm really confused when mfp says I burned more/less calories than it feels.
    Also, why are the women in their underwear but not the men?

Exactly, I don't get it! They should be in their underwear, too! :grumble: