need solutions

Options
Hi, all. I'm hoping you all can offer solutions to my problem because it's been months and I've yet to find any. I'm single, no kids and living with my parents. I really want to start saving, move out and start my own life, but I am stuck in a rut. Any job in my area/county are stores and fast-food and no one is hiring, plus part-time isn't going to cut it since that's my goal. The job I had previously only paid enough for gas to get back to and from work and helped a little with public transit so I can attend college. that is it. and maybe some food if I'm lucky because my hours were continually being cut and it only paid 7.25/hr.

I have been trying to find odd jobs helping others by offering childcare, cooking, and cleaning but no luck, probably because it's a small town and most people don't have the money or they simply don't know me. I am working on extending my services to a bigger city an hour away from me and maybe I will get more people willing to accept, but until then, what can I do to start earning income?

I refuse to be victim of the economy and just wait around and "hope" for the best to come because "that is just how things are." I believe there is always a way if I am willing to work for it, which I am.

Also, since I am offering childcare, cooking, and cleaning services like a package I guess, how do you suggest I go by marketing myself to people who can afford it in order to get people to take my services? I don't know anyone and no one I know knows any one. how do I get in front of these people? where do they spend their time so I can have fliers up for them to see?

Thanks, everyone.

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    try researching different grants and such.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    you might look into taking care of elderly in their homes...some people will pay in cash.

A lot of family members look for someone to stay the night at their parents houses just to keep an eye on things. It usually pays well. I work in home care for a company. If you go that route you won't get very good pay. But if you go on your own you would have to make sure to log all payments for tax purposes.

For this type of job..you can check bulletin boards, the newspaper, and its possible you could check where the elderly has hot food brought to their homes for them prepared. They might have heard of something that would help.

Hope that helps. :)

Also if there is any special talents you have that you could put to use such as knitting, crocheting, making jewelry or clothes. Word of mouth travels well...and facebook pages :)
  • sunshinegirl5719
    Options
    my school is taken care of and I'm having a difficult time finding elder care also.

any more suggestions?
  • sunshinegirl5719
    Options
    bump
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Craigslist....it's REALLLLY safe and cheap.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    As everyone knows, a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase. In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another substance, known as a solvent. The solvent does the dissolving. The solution more or less takes on the characteristics of the solvent including its phase, and the solvent is commonly the major fraction of the mixture

Choose your solvent. Maybe a job could be a good solvent. Your solution will result from being dissolved in the solvent, ie your job. This may seem complicated, but really, solutions are always simple. On the other hand, they are never easy.
  • kmneves
    kmneves Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried websites for finding sitters/nannies? I'd suggest making an account on one of those. The hardest part is finding the first client and then if you do a great job it's all word of mouth from there.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    As everyone knows, a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase. In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another substance, known as a solvent. The solvent does the dissolving. The solution more or less takes on the characteristics of the solvent including its phase, and the solvent is commonly the major fraction of the mixture

Choose your solvent. Maybe a job could be a good solvent. Your solution will result from being dissolved in the solvent, ie your job. This may seem complicated, but really, solutions are always simple. On the other hand, they are never easy.

I think you're stuck in concrete! :bigsmile:
  • sunshinegirl5719
    Options
    Thanks
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Elder care.....there's always a job in nursing