T.O.T.M

Options
Help!!!!!

Does anyone roughly know how much weight you can out on with T.O.T.M? And would it be the week your on, or week before that it shows? Any advice would be great
:happy:

Replies

• lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't really help you with that one, but I put on approximately 1 kg this week (3 days in TOTM). I will now keep an eye on when it arrives next month cos it would be really interesting to know
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i am currently awaiting my TOTM and i know its close because overnight I have magically gained 2lbs despite being under my calorie goal all week and doing at least 30 mins exercise per day.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    i am currently awaiting my TOTM and i know its close because overnight I have magically gained 2lbs despite being under my calorie goal all week and doing at least 30 mins exercise per day.
  • TJ39
    TJ39 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am 4 days in and have put on 3lb overnight, that is why i am wondering. thanks for trying to help :)
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Mine is due tomorrow and at Thursdays weigh-in I had lost 1.5lb.

If I look back through my weight-loss record, I mainly stay the same on the weeks I have my TOTM, sometimes I have lost 0.5lb and only once have I gained and that was only 0.5lb too.

I think it all depends on your food choices in the run-up to your TOTM, it makes you bloated and retain water so if you are having a high sodium diet and/or give in to your hormonal cravings then you will probably gain.

I guess I am lucky in that I can usually ignore my junk cravings (or settle for 2 squares of 70% dark chocolate) and have never had the 3-5lb gain that I have often read about on here.

So yeah, just to say you don't NECESSARILY gain weight at TOTM.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    Mine is due tomorrow and at Thursdays weigh-in I had lost 1.5lb.

If I look back through my weight-loss record, I mainly stay the same on the weeks I have my TOTM, sometimes I have lost 0.5lb and only once have I gained and that was only 0.5lb too.

I think it all depends on your food choices in the run-up to your TOTM, it makes you bloated and retain water so if you are having a high sodium diet and/or give in to your hormonal cravings then you will probably gain.

I guess I am lucky in that I can usually ignore my junk cravings (or settle for 2 squares of 70% dark chocolate) and have never had the 3-5lb gain that I have often read about on here.

So yeah, just to say you don't NECESSARILY gain weight at TOTM.

even if you do gain its usually just water weight so as soon as totm is over the weight goes bk to normal or often even lower. its not such a bad thing
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I usually gain or really slow down with my weight loss the week before---and then the week after have double the number from a regular week. i think that maybe this month i'll try to stay away from sodium to see if that helps at all!!

Good luck, i'm sure next week you'll have made up for this week!! :)