What can I have for 117 cals?

Options
mo1700
mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
Was out and had unplanned pub lunch so now only have 117 cals left, I'm veggie and don't eat eggs, have no home made soup left, any suggestions on what I can have for tea? Cheers all

Replies

• KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Take the dogs out for another half hour. They'll love it and you'll burn off some calories that will allow you a bit of flexibility for the rest of the day.
  • mo1700
    Options
    Keith I've already done that and we,re all shattered now, lol, they're flaked out asleep!!!

Haven't got any energy left to do anything else either :-(
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You will feel like you are getting the most food if you make a big salad with a lot of greens. Add a small amount of lean protein from fish (if you eat it) or cheese or nuts. Use a small amount of low fat/low calorie salad dressing if you have it. Also, don't stress if you go over goal this one day. A calorie deficit is already built into MFP calculations--if you eat an extra 150 calories you will not be gaining weight, you will just be eating at less of a deficit.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese on crackers?
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try a can of the progresso light vegetable and noodle soup. there is 120 calories/can (which is 3 over), but three extra calories could be burned off by simply walking through a store and buying the can of soup. its very filling, and pretty tasty.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Orvill 94% fat free microwave popcorn (the big bag) has 120 calories for the entire bag.
  • mo1700
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas peeps, was under yesterday by over 200 so will have something like the soup or salad and not sweat if I go a bit over :-)
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Was out and had unplanned pub lunch so now only have 117 cals left, I'm veggie and don't eat eggs, have no home made soup left, any suggestions on what I can have for tea? Cheers all

A lots of broccoli
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    frozen stir fry with a little sauce if you have it, you can have a giant plate for this amount.
    air popped popcorn.
    mixed green salad with assorted veggies with lemon or whatever you have to dress it.
    small serving of beans.
    veggies and hummus, yum!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you need to, if you go over, then eat less or exercise more tomorrow.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, roasted veggies. Eggplant! Mushrooms!! You can eat a lot of mushrooms for 117 cals!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    An entire head of iceburg lettuce
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas peeps, was under yesterday by over 200 so will have something like the soup or salad and not sweat if I go a bit over :-)

exactly its the weekly amount that matters IMO and today is sunday i always make that my feast day, family dinners and all where i dont sweat the calories so much (still staying under as of now but i wont panic if i go a little over this day)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    exactly why i dont log my calories i have a general idea of how many i consume during a day but screw logging not going to pull my hair out because i am over a certain amount one day and under the next
  • positivelypositive
    Options
    I'm loving the popcorn idea...
  • staceycanada
    Options
    About 7 bowls of mixed greens salad. (with craft calorie wise italian dressing)
  • jefftow
    jefftow Posts: 2
    Options
    lots of tinned soups are between 150 and 200 cals
    porridge is good
    if i need a snack i have slice of hovis bread with a laughing cow cheese triangle the one with blue cheese is 25 cals a wedge
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!