Hello from Wisconsin

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm Katie, semi-retired and feeling too old to be so fat! I still have lots of energy at 62 (shortly to be 63) but it's all trapped inside this fat body of mine! I am married to hubby Keith and though we have no kids together, I get to share in his two grown kids and two step grandkids. I am also a self-published writer of contemporary fantasy saga. Together we also enjoy going on ghost hunts and seeing what or who we can find out there!

So far I have lost whatever my ticker says down there below (I think almost 10 lbs today) and have quite a long way to go but one day at a time for me. Of course, I know how to lose weight--after all, I've done it a 100 times (to paraphrase Mark Twain). But I always gain it all back plus a few more, which is how I got where I am today. One thing I HAVE learned is to NOT get on the diet yo-yo in the first place. I always feel that if I had not "dieted" but just ate more healthily, things would have been different. But I grew up in a household where meat, potatoes, gravy, pie, cake etc were all considered normal eating! LOL! This from someone who never had a delivery pizza until I was almost 20 years old!

I am finding this tool invaluable and very helpful for keeping me on track. Hope to get to know many of you on here and let's be friends and keep each other on the road to better health!

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your meat, gravy, pizza, and ice cream. Just eat in moderation.

Congrats on the 10 lb loss!

napoleondynamite_zpsa9aeb595.gif
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hubby does most of the cooking and we don't have gravy except maybe once a year! But the meat and potatoes are still on the table, just not the pies and cakes! LOL!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a great place for support. I love the great food in WI...the custard, bratwurst and pastries. No wonder I need to lose weight!!! You can do this. Just eat in moderation.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Hello from Titletown! Best of luck on your journey!
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You forgot cheese curds--deep FRIED cheese curds! LOL! Thanks for the welcome everyone!