Lost 38lb's in 5 weeks ....

Options
Is this necessarily bad? My start weight was 352 , and now 314 . Cut down from an average of 7000-10000 calories a day to about 1600-1900 a day. I know your supposed to average about 2 pounds a week, but considering my start weight and my immediate decrease, maybe it's not so bad?

Replies

• sizzleXd
    sizzleXd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ehhh
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    For us heavier folks, rapid weight loss at first is pretty normal. I lost nearly 20lbs in the same amount of time and I wasn't eating nearly as much as you. As your metabolism adjusts, it'll level out I've heard.

Sucks, huh? ;)
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 352 , and now 314 . Cut down from an average of 7000-10000 calories a day to about 1600-1900 a day.

Given this. I would say that you are performing as expected. Some of that was water, but 3000-3500 calories is a pound of fat lost and if you cut your diet that much, you were loosing pounds a day.

Good job man!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow. You must feel good. It sounds like you're not in any discomfort, so your body is probably thanking you for it. That's great that you decide to make a change! :smile:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wow ....... Amazing!!!!!!! Huge difference in calories a day, I bet you feel so much better already?????

Good for you
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Just don't fall off the wagon when the numbers start to slow down a bit. It's normal. I'm down to my last 10-20lbs and it is slow going. Stick with it, it's worth it! :D
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yep, given your starting weight, it seems plausible that you would lose that much. Plus, men lose faster than women usually. I'm averaging about 11 lbs. per month, which is still high for me. I expect that will slow down with more weight loss.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    While it is safe for now, I think you should eat about 2200 cals or maybe even more. The slower you lose, the easier it will be to keep it off and it will give your body time to adjust so you don't have a lot of loose skin.

Remember to drink lots of water & great job so far!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I would say that's absolutely fine at your weight. Also a large calorie deficit at your weight shouldn't be an issue. Just listen to your body. Eat more if your body is telling you, you need it. Well done! Will be under 300 soon. (I started at 301. Was on 1200 as medically advised until I got to around 230.) obviously I am female, so it should be higher for a man. All sounds ok. Drinks lots of water. Helps the skin. Rapid weight loss can make for the skin not pinging back the same, but compared to the health risks of being so overweight I think I'd rather lose it quicker at first.

Zara :-)
  • GoNicoleee
    Options
    No way! That's not bad at all!
    Congrats for making the switch from such a high amount to a more appropriate amount! Keep up the good work!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not starving yourself to do it, I wouldn't worry about it. You had a high starting weight so it's pretty common for the weight to come off quickly at first. As someone else said, don't get discouraged when the numbers slow down to a more normal pace.
  • sizzleXd
    sizzleXd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody :D . Appreciate it. Yeah the first week I was getting real lightheaded at 1200 , once I upped to 1600, I was fine !