what is a Fitbit?

Options
I am wondering what a Fitbit is and what they do? Is it a step counter?? Is Fitbit just a brand of whateve kind of device this is??

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's a step counter, but so much more! I have the FItbit One, and it also tracks how many flights of stairs I climb per day. You can track your sleep quality (based on movement). The data is wirelessly uploaded to the FItbit website, which is free, and it syncs with other websites like MFP and Neufit, too. I love my Fitbit! I had an older model and upgraded to the One, and my husband is using my old one. I bought it at Best Buy when they had a $20 off coupon for fitness stuff. They run that periodically, and it's the best deal.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    They are getting ready to come out with a new wristband one this Spring (hopefully soon). I'm going to wait until that one becomes available before purchasing one. But everyone I know that uses Fitbit, loves it.
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip, it is a step counter that syncs to your computer. Check out the fitbit website. I love mine, now my husband and a coworker has one. Its a great tool to use along with mfp.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It is a three axis pedometer to count steps.. It also calculates the floors climbed from an internal altimeter and can give an estimate of sleep efficiency from having it attached to your wrist while sleeping. It automatically syncs with MFP if you set it up that way.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It's amazing. Since others have clarified what it is, I am just inserting my opinion now :P
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    Another device we think we need but don't
  • alayahlan
    alayahlan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I vastly over estimated how active I was before I got my Fitbit. It was a real wakeup call for me to see that all my "running around" like crazy throughout the day, may have been emotionally exhausting, but did not equate to that much physical exercise. Since getting my FitBit for Christmas I've become far more conscious of my physical activity and make better choices to increase my movement throughout the day.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I vastly over estimated how active I was before I got my Fitbit. It was a real wakeup call for me to see that all my "running around" like crazy throughout the day, may have been emotionally exhausting, but did not equate to that much physical exercise. Since getting my FitBit for Christmas I've become far more conscious of my physical activity and make better choices to increase my movement throughout the day.

Ditto! Best money I ever spent.