FITBIT

Options
Hi thinking of buying a fitbit just not sure which one to get any suggestion please

Replies

• bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you just want to count your steps the Zip is fine but if you want to be able to also track your sleep and floor/stairs climbed get the One. I have the One and I love it.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the flex to be released, more practical on a bracelet
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    After losing several ultras, I too an waiting for the flex (next month!). If you want to put it in your pocket you can.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Debbie, look on the FitBit site. They have all the different ones listed along with the features. That will help you decide which is best for you.

I've been researching & decided the FitBit One will meet my needs best. I don't want it to be visible all the time so I don't want the bracelet types. I would not wear one consistently. I also want to be able to read info on it. For many others the bracelets are just what they want.
  • Angeliquemc80
    Options
    I really like my One! It can remain hidden and if I need to read my step/floors climbed, I can sneak a peek! It's been a super motivating tool for me. Good luck!
  • alsw
    alsw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have the ultra and i love it!!!!
  • Bananarheanna
    Bananarheanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the One yesterday and so far I really love it! I have been clipping it to my bra and can't see it from the outside or feel it really. It's really interesting to see the sleep patterns and I wanted one to track stairs too.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I've had both the One and the Zip, and the One is MUCH better, in my opinion. Definitely worth the extra money.
    Kaye
  • djnusch
    djnusch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought the zip first, but landed with the One and love it. Not necessary, but love the sleep function. My mom has one and my wife is buying one too. Good luck, and happy walking.
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbi ONE and love it as well. For one, I don't have to log exercise since it is syned with MFP. That is one less thing for me to stress over. No more how far and how fast did I go on my walk, I just walk! The other reason I love it is because I can see my progress directly on it, which totally motivates me, especially on days I'm a bit lazy. The sleep tracker is nice, but for me its a little scary how often I wake up at nice and don't even realize it. No wonder I am so tired.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    have zip, i cringed at buying mine for 40.00 on sale at target, but didnt blink with my husbands for full price, that said now that i have had it for a while i see the limitations, and im going to get the flex when it comes out .
  • mmestanz
    mmestanz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra and I love it but have lost it/washed it quite a few times in the year I've had it. Most recently at the bounce house with my kids, it came off my waist at some point. I found it 20 minutes later sitting on a folding chair and was very excited! However then I realize that somebody snapped it in half and now it's more electrical tape than machine. I am definitely getting the flex when it comes out. However in the meantime I am wearing my taped up Fitbit Ultra on my bra.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just bought the fitbit 1 an d I cant wait to use it!!
  • DonnaCarmody
    DonnaCarmody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one, the black one and attach it to my black belt so its not really noticeable. Can also attach to bra or shorts if you do not have a belt on.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Have a ONE and love it. Thought about upgrading to a flex, but I like having the functions of the ONE with the screen and sleep/flights of stairs info. I have it attached to my bra 24/7. Only off for charging, which takes less than 2 hours. I used to wear it on my wrist to sleep..but I found the readings to go crazy at night. I have had it for about 3 months now.
  • tasch4bosox
    tasch4bosox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the FitBit Ultra and LOVED it but broke it at work. I replaced with the the FitBit Zip. Its does track steps, but I miss the tracking of floors climbed. Both help to motivate me to keep moving though and I love that it syncs with MFP to make automatic adjustments to my caloric intake based on my calories burned. Can't go wrong with any of them!
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I have the One and used to have the Ultra... and I really like it. I am waiting on the flex to see how accurate it is, how others like it. Then I might sell my One and trade up.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with a FitBit. I never lose mine because I never leave it behind. :)
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Got my One yesterday, so far it's really nice!!
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've had a one for two weeks I love it! It really does help me to get moving. I like that it's not something that's always visible- like if I want to wear it to work andhave a meeting and need to dress up I don't have to either take it off or have a really sporty bracelet on- so I like the versatility there. I like seeing my sleep patterns and I like that it does stairs. For me it was worth the $40 to get the one- but depends on what you want from it.
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought the FITBIT ONE so I could measure flights of stairs. It has encouraged me to take the stairs at work, and to go up and down my stairs at home also. I am surprised at how useful the sleep monitor is in identifying patterns: I have discovered that less sleep causes me crave more sugars in the afternoon as I become tired, and how I wake more often during the night when I haven't exercised. I STRONGLY recommend purchasing a safety leash -- available at sporting goods stores and on Amazon - about $1

The ONE allows you check steps, calories, stairs, and distance on the device, and it even sends encouraging messages. I understand that the new FLEX bracelet has 3 lights to show your progress towards your goals, but you must log in and sync to your computer to obtain any additional information. Still, it is nice to have your on your wrist.

Overall, I LOVE my FITBIT ONE :flowerforyou: