Clean, fresh, RAW Challenge for JULY!!!

Options

Replies

• sailady
    sailady Posts: 26
    Options
    well that snap back almost kinda happened today. That's what happens when you don't transition and have a blow out before going raw!
    Me and my lovely other half agreed that eating a cooked meal every 3/4 days to stop the bad cravings the way forward and I got to go for a yummy chinese and an amazing bar near us.

Having a baby leaf salad with leafs from our garden...... had homegrown strawberries yesterday.
    God its so different compared to what you buy. I think America has it much better with food than us - saw a video of a food market and it blows you away!
    Can't wait for my peas to mature - have fresh kale every few days! The problem like so many other things is maintaining it!

Very tired though - whether it was the being outside doing agility training with my dogs for a few hours or the health kick I don't know but I know I'm looking forward to my tea ...... (not the pile of ironing thats waiting for me afterwards!)
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine is over and sadly enough my husband is off again for a couple more weeks.
    Sounds good Ummbinat!! I might have to try that pear recipe - I don't usually eat them either (the texture is weird for me) but that drink looks really yummy!! I'm so glad you got 80/10/10 Butterfly!!! It is a real life changer :) I need to read it again as my husband is now starting to ask a lot of questions since we are switching his diet up quite a bit as well. He doesn't have time to read it so I need to make sure I have all my answers down for him. Michael Pollan's book looks like an interesting read - thanks for the recommendation I might have to buy some for christmas presents this year :D Sailady, I hope you get the tired feeling worked out - in the beginning that can happen quite a bit. Many people don't give it more time to work out or they don't change things up to ensure they don't get the run down feeling. Its a real shame because I've never had more energy in my life. A quick glance through your diary & you probably aren't eating enough!! If your doing "a few hours of agility training" (oh my gosh!!) then you need to fuel up :D Try adding more fruit in the mornings.

When eating raw you are restricted to fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds, and some grains. So you have fruit which are carbs and calories (energy). Veggies which give no calories but are loaded with vit/minerals. Nuts/seeds which are mostly just your good fats and a bit of nutrients. Then grains which really are just there and don't offer all that much to the table. So where do your calories come from? FRUIT, we add in veggies for nutrients but we don't get calories from them - you would have to eat all day long to get enough of calories just from veggies. Nuts are not a good source of calories because they are overt fats and too much will clog our organs up....if you eat a diet of 30% fat then your body will eventually be 30%fat (this is why there are skinny fat people - like some models who don't eat a good diet but still look skinny however they are not fit or healthy & are really just blubber). At 30% fat you are overweight. Since I need to lose fat I must eat a lesser % of fat then I want to have on my body. Anyway back to fruit. If you are not getting enough of calories or carbs you won't be high energy and you will find your feeling run down all the time.

What is the difference between 3000 calories of McD's & 3000 calories from fruit? Fat, sodium, quality carbs, natural balance your body can use & digest. After a 3k McD's meal you feel exhausted, run down, a little mentally slow, and you are probably going to be hungry in a couple hours even though you've done nothing but sit around. After 3k from fruit you already out the door, running a marathon, feeling satisfied & ALIVE!! Don't be afraid of fruit!! The only people who should be afraid of fruit are those that don't want to get out and live life. If you would rather sit on your bum all day feeling depressed, lonely, and worthless then by all means never eat fruit again & especially don't eat more than one banana in a sitting.
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Woohoo!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine is over and sadly enough my husband is off again for a couple more weeks.
    Sounds good Ummbinat!! I might have to try that pear recipe - I don't usually eat them either (the texture is weird for me) but that drink looks really yummy!! I'm so glad you got 80/10/10 Butterfly!!! It is a real life changer :) I need to read it again as my husband is now starting to ask a lot of questions since we are switching his diet up quite a bit as well. He doesn't have time to read it so I need to make sure I have all my answers down for him. Michael Pollan's book looks like an interesting read - thanks for the recommendation I might have to buy some for christmas presents this year :D Sailady, I hope you get the tired feeling worked out - in the beginning that can happen quite a bit. Many people don't give it more time to work out or they don't change things up to ensure they don't get the run down feeling. Its a real shame because I've never had more energy in my life. A quick glance through your diary & you probably aren't eating enough!! If your doing "a few hours of agility training" (oh my gosh!!) then you need to fuel up :D Try adding more fruit in the mornings.

When eating raw you are restricted to fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds, and some grains. So you have fruit which are carbs and calories (energy). Veggies which give no calories but are loaded with vit/minerals. Nuts/seeds which are mostly just your good fats and a bit of nutrients. Then grains which really are just there and don't offer all that much to the table. So where do your calories come from? FRUIT, we add in veggies for nutrients but we don't get calories from them - you would have to eat all day long to get enough of calories just from veggies. Nuts are not a good source of calories because they are overt fats and too much will clog our organs up....if you eat a diet of 30% fat then your body will eventually be 30%fat (this is why there are skinny fat people - like some models who don't eat a good diet but still look skinny however they are not fit or healthy & are really just blubber). At 30% fat you are overweight. Since I need to lose fat I must eat a lesser % of fat then I want to have on my body. Anyway back to fruit. If you are not getting enough of calories or carbs you won't be high energy and you will find your feeling run down all the time.

What is the difference between 3000 calories of McD's & 3000 calories from fruit? Fat, sodium, quality carbs, natural balance your body can use & digest. After a 3k McD's meal you feel exhausted, run down, a little mentally slow, and you are probably going to be hungry in a couple hours even though you've done nothing but sit around. After 3k from fruit you are already out the door, running a marathon, hiking, surfing, biking, feeling satisfied & ALIVE!! Don't be afraid of fruit!! The only people who should be afraid of fruit are those that don't want to get out and live life. If you would rather sit on your bum all day feeling depressed, lonely, and worthless then by all means never eat fruit again & especially don't eat more than one banana in a sitting.
  • sailady
    Options
    I've just tried that cacao, dates whizzed together for fudge with a banana - OH MY GOD I am in heaven!!!!!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    I've just tried that cacao, dates whizzed together for fudge with a banana - OH MY GOD I am in heaven!!!!!

where do i find this?

it has been sooooooo hard to eat the past few days i have sores on the side of my tongue from a tomatoe. it hurts to eat to talk to drink water and even to do nothing...everything hurts. So I know that I should be eating more but I am doing the best I can and I am at my moms this weekend and just used up the end of the bananas that I brought with me so I dont know what I will do for the rest of the day.
    I am up here for my grandpa 89th birthday which is today. my grandma (who is 87) made cupcakes, deviled eggs, roll up sanwhiches and my mom made a fresh homemade carrot cake. soooooooooooooooooooo in other words i have nothing to eat today. ( drinking 3 bananas right now, hurts a little )

If you guys have any ideas pleas let me know. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • sailady
    Options
    how have you got sores?! that doesn't sound great.
    I like tomatoes, cucumber and mango chopped small and wrapped in lettuce leaves.

My snack was just normal dates and cacao powerder though if you're struggling to find that you could use coco powder i suppose and put it in a blender with water till its a thick texture and then on a banana. (thanks mindelicious for that idea!)

I had shredded veg as pasta at lunch with a cashew nut dressing (cashews, water, miso paste, salt and pepper blended) delicious!

good dressings are a citrus with a veg and pour over salad, loads of sprouts and seeds.
    variety the key!±
  • rmccully
    Options
    how have you got sores?! that doesn't sound great.
    I like tomatoes, cucumber and mango chopped small and wrapped in lettuce leaves.

My snack was just normal dates and cacao powerder though if you're struggling to find that you could use coco powder i suppose and put it in a blender with water till its a thick texture and then on a banana. (thanks mindelicious for that idea!)

I had shredded veg as pasta at lunch with a cashew nut dressing (cashews, water, miso paste, salt and pepper blended) delicious!

good dressings are a citrus with a veg and pour over salad, loads of sprouts and seeds.
    variety the key!±

It is kinda like a canker sore on th side of my tongue. down the whole right side. the right side of my tongue is swollen and hurts, like canker osres do. which make eating or drinking painful.

my mouth does not like the acid from a fresh tomatoe.
  • UmmBinat
    UmmBinat Posts: 39
    Options

where do i find this?

it has been sooooooo hard to eat the past few days i have sores on the side of my tongue from a tomatoe. it hurts to eat to talk to drink water and even to do nothing...everything hurts. So I know that I should be eating more but I am doing the best I can and I am at my moms this weekend and just used up the end of the bananas that I brought with me so I dont know what I will do for the rest of the day.
    I am up here for my grandpa 89th birthday which is today. my grandma (who is 87) made cupcakes, deviled eggs, roll up sanwhiches and my mom made a fresh homemade carrot cake. soooooooooooooooooooo in other words i have nothing to eat today. ( drinking 3 bananas right now, hurts a little )

If you guys have any ideas pleas let me know. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Maybe you can find some nuts in the cubbard? I'm down to hardly any fruit and now I have to wait until night time to go shopping but I do have a couple things I can eat that are raw still just not selection. Where you are there are no salad ingredients? or do you mean the problem is your mouth hurting only? You could chop and freeze banana and mash it if you still have some. That is yummier than you probably know plus maybe it is soothing.
  • rmccully
    Options
    i tired a sald but that hurts
    I used up all the bananas this morning in my smoothie. it took me all morning to drink it because even that hurt a little. Water hurts food hurts, i have not found anything. chewing is out that hurts worse then drinking.
  • UmmBinat
    UmmBinat Posts: 39
    Options
    i tired a sald but that hurts
    I used up all the bananas this morning in my smoothie. it took me all morning to drink it because even that hurt a little. Water hurts food hurts, i have not found anything. chewing is out that hurts worse then drinking.

I know I had it before. We just waited it. Well ate soup. Raw soup hmm??
  • rmccully
    Options
    ok so I know its not exactly raw but the only thing that I found to eat today up here at my moms that did not hurt was rice and beans. I did find some grapes and i ate all that she had those were good wish she had more.

Hope you all are having more fun eating than I am.
  • kickitlarson
    Options
    Oh RMC!! I'm sorry your having such a hard time! Was the tomato just not ripe? I know kiwi & pineapple will do that to me if they are underripe. Yeah I would say a blended salad/soup cucumber, red bell pepper or something like that. Bananas would be one of the best because its soft & totally non acidic. Maybe try swinging by the grocer or something.

Glad your enjoying that sauce Sailady! I just might have to indulge tonight - your making it sounds so tasty!!
  • sailady
    Options
    I had another indulgence yesterday with raw curried koftas balls and curry sauce (first time in a while over calories....). Very very very nice - my husbands designing the menu at the minute which means quite a lot of nuts! Its my turn at the end of the week!
  • rmccully
    Options
    I had another indulgence yesterday with raw curried koftas balls and curry sauce (first time in a while over calories....). Very very very nice - my husbands designing the menu at the minute which means quite a lot of nuts! Its my turn at the end of the week!

What are these?
  • rmccully
    Options
    Oh RMC!! I'm sorry your having such a hard time! Was the tomato just not ripe? I know kiwi & pineapple will do that to me if they are underripe. Yeah I would say a blended salad/soup cucumber, red bell pepper or something like that. Bananas would be one of the best because its soft & totally non acidic. Maybe try swinging by the grocer or something.

so just put what I would have on a salad in the blender and grind it up?
  • sailady
    Options
    looking in my lovely raw book:
    raw koftas = (4 people)
    1.5 cup sunflower seed sprouts
    0.5 cup almonds
    parsley
    coriander
    1 tsp curry powerder
    0.5 tsp cumin
    pinch cayenne
    1/2 courgette
    2 gloves garlic
    ginger
    nutmeg
    honey
    whizz together and dehydrate for 4ish hours

sauce = sundried toms, tomatos, 1/2 zuccini, 1/2 cashew plus herbs of koftas and blend.

the variations are big!!
    Is your mouth getting better?

I did 11 hours at work again today (head of perf arts) and its really hectic and busy and have hardly drank at all.
    Coupled with the fact I was up at 5 to go running with my dogs (only 3 miles) I am really feeling burnt out.
    All I wanted was fish and chips and a pint of beer!
  • sailady
    Options
    and yes pretty much to the salad and blend it up!
    If you google raw soups you will find a variety to give you a starting point and then you can experiment (or try new recipes)
  • rmccully
    Options
    MY MOUTH IS STILL BAD, :(

Today has turned into a fasting day I guess, and honestly I have not been hungry all day.

plan is to stop at the store when I get off work to get stuff i can put in the blender that will hopefully not hurt.

So since i have not had anything today should a have something tonight when I get home or should I make it a complete 24 hr fasting

and try again tomorrow?
  • rmccully
    Options
    ok well wanted to let you all know that I made some cold soup. I put veggies in a blender. Mushrooms, cucumber, green onion, a small avocado a little distilled water. Once blended i sprinkled sesame seeds on top. This was really good and it didn't hurt!!!
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    bump for when its summer.. sorry but I don't think the middle of winter is the best time for me to try this lol