Measurements: 34-26-42 :/

Options
According to the 'amazing dress size calculator'...

this makes my bust a UK 10/ US 6, my waist a UK 8/ US 4 and my hips... a UK 16/ US 10

Finding clothes that look good is very hard and it's annoying to lose weight from only my top half as I become more disproportional

I know I'm not the biggest of people on here but if you look at my pictures you'll know what I mean

I also don't really have any boobs

So my questions are:

How do I make my butt/legs thinner without making them really hench? Do I just concentrate on upper body exercises?
Can any foods help?
Are there any good brands/types of clothing that would suit a pear shape like mine?

picture : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/17752957

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answers to your questions, or if targeting one body part is even possible, but I can offer a bit of clothing advice.

Buy your clothes to fit the largest measurement, and then have them tailored and taken in where you are smaller. I know tailoring seems like a pain, but it's worth it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    1279082592656.jpg

Also, on a serious note... No. You cannot target fat loss. All around fat loss Is the only thing that will help them get smaller. (trust me if we could spot reduce fat I'd have a flipping 8 pack)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You can't just randomly make your bottom half thinner. Overall weight loss is the only way to reduce that area at all.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and it took lots of running and heavy weight training to make it better. Now i'm 32-26-35. At the start I was like 34-29-43 I think. After a while you have no where else to lose but your hips. My upper body is very small now though and I wish it was a bit more proportioned.

For clothes you'll always look great in fitted dresses because they look nice on curves. I have trouble with jeans usually and I still dont have a favorite brand. you'll probably have to take in the waist for some jeans.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm with Victoria. Those are my exact measurements. 32-26-35
    I always had a problem with my love handles and now they're slowly going away... it took FOREVER. Like everybody else said, spot training isn't possible. And this is frustrating,,, It's a process, but one day it just clicks and you notice how much better you look.
    For jeans, I always used to go to this store called Dots, cause I could squeeze into a 9 there. They also have different fits, and one is "curvy". They look really nice.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You and I are built the same, I'm just taller (6' 0"). First of all, you are sexy as hell :-) You're gorgeous and you have a curvy bod, which is great! Women have hormonal factors that lead us to carry weight more easily in our hips and legs/butt and it comes off a lot more slowly. I have the same problem, my upper body will get to the point where I look almost anorexic and then I start to lose from my bottom half. Keep trudging along, it takes time! It WILL come off though, but you may have to start experimenting with macros and things like that as you lose more and more fat.

For the record, I'm 34-30-46 right now :-) my goal is 34-29-42, or thereabouts.

Edit: as previous posters said, I also advocate weight training as it really does help change your shape a bit after a while.
  • meredithd13
    Options
    i'm a similar shape. when i put on a few pounds i'm all butt. i cycle, do classes that involve a lot of lunges and squats (weigh training), do yoga, play tennis and run. unfortunately, when my butt is the right size, i'm quite small up top, but i just suck it up. i don't mind the curves - keep a few pounds on so you have some. they look amazing with the right clothes.
  • Josie_ely
    Josie_ely Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey there! So my measurments are almost the same as all of you ladies; 34-29-42...plus I'm 5'10. I was told by a trainer that the only way to really get your bottom half smaller was to do intense cardio (7x weekly) and alot of body weight exercises/ strength training, such as: Squats, lunges, plies, kicks, leg lowers etc. =)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but this makes me feel better about my shape... 34-26-38. I thought those measurements were awfully pearish... and looking at you all... you look gorgeous and feminine!