Mid fifties male looking to fix flabbiness - no gyms please!

Options
I'm a newbie, so I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm a 56 year old male who has never had serious health or weight problems, but I've been using My Fitness Pal for a couple of months just to keep on top of a gradual weight gain that was concerning me. I have been successful in shedding almost 20 pounds so far (only the last 12 or 13 since I started using MFP), and I feel great cycling every day. I do some yoga most days, and a few floor mat exercises like crunches and push-ups, but I have no intention of becoming a fitness "enthusiast" or going to a gym. What I would like though, is some help with ideas on getting rid of this last bit of chest and stomach flab that keeps hanging on even though I weigh the same as I did 30 years ago now. Anyone got any ideas for some effective exercises that I can do at home without spending money on equipment?

Replies

• Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG). Build strength &muscle using your own body weight, no equipment needed. He has a great app.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like bodybuilding.com. They have a great data base that'll help you find exercises for every muscle group.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

You can even pick what type of equipment you want to use.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Check out www.fitnessblender.com. They have plenty of full workouts that don't require any equipment, although being enthusiastic is helpful to get through some of the more challenging ones. ;)