Losing motivation please help!

Options
I'm just beginning week 4 of gym time and everything eating a strict 1690 calories and working out 4-5 days a week for up to 75 min each day. I haven't seen any weight loss.... AT ALL it's really discouraging and it really hurts to not see my numbers move at all. I'm doing plenty of cardio and strength workouts where I can get them I'm just really stuck....

I need help!

-katelyn

Replies

• tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am far from an expert, but I think it may be possible that while you are not losing pounds you are converting fat into muscle, especially with the dedication you are showing with your gym time. Muscle is, from what I've read, heavier than fat, and if you have been doing this for a while that would be my guess. I don't know what your weight was when you started, or any other factors. But what you might want to do is talk to a trainer at the gym and have them take your body fat measurements. They may use calipers (the most accurate way, I'm told) or maybe one of thos hand held devices that sends a slight electrical charge through your body.
    The amount of time it takes the charge to go from a to b is then calculated to give you an accurate measure of body fat,
    Good luck, and keep on striving.
  • katelovelyyy
    katelovelyyy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    But I have like30+lbs to lose...I just don't getnit
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE? Any chance you have thyroid issues or PCOS?
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you measured inches? How much of a calorie deficit are you eating? Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you drinking lots of water? There could be lots of reasons. If you've gone and looked at the most obvious reasons to see what it might be, I would definitely talk to a trainer and get some advice. Most places give you a half hour or so free consultation with one. Just don't give up. Its easier being unhealthy right now, but its later in life when it catches up with you. ,
  • katelovelyyy
    Options
    I eat back most of my calories I always drink a recovery drink after workouts and mainly my diet is fruits veggies, lean meats, eggs and a bunch of water...could I be under eating maybe?

Weight 193
    Idk what my tdee is I just don't get that stuff...my deficit is like 750 I think I can't remember
  • appappappa
    Options
    Katie,
    What is your weight? Are you trying to lose more than a reasonable amount? I'm getting ready to work on losing 40 pounds myself.
  • domdoan
    domdoan Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm just beginning week 4 of gym time and everything eating a strict 1690 calories and working out 4-5 days a week for up to 75 min each day. I haven't seen any weight loss.... AT ALL it's really discouraging and it really hurts to not see my numbers move at all. I'm doing plenty of cardio and strength workouts where I can get them I'm just really stuck....

I need help!

-katelyn

start by dropping 5% of each macros: protein, carbs, and fats.
    then keep tract of sodium levels. (2500 max)
    then you will see more accurate weight loss.
    dont do too much cardio. 35 mins liis max or 15 hiit max
    try to get stronger as you lose weight or keep strength
    couple tips, hope they work.
  • mockchoc
    Options
  • katelovelyyy
    Options
    Katie,
    What is your weight? Are you trying to lose more than a reasonable amount? I'm getting ready to work on losing 40 pounds myself.

No I should reasonably be 150-165 I'm aiming to in the long run get to 160. I'm 5'7" and I'm 193, hourglassy and big busted so I know i won't be a stick figure but I just want to get healthy. Ive noticed my hips see, slimmer and so does my tummy but why don't I see it numerically?
  • mockchoc
    Options
    You should use a tape measure once a week. If you are dropping inches then you are losing fat.
  • imzadi_24
    Options
    If you are losing inches, but not weight, then you are gaining muscle. This is a very good thing! The more muscle you have, the easier it will be for you to burn more calories. So you should start seeing the pounds drop soon as long as you keep up the good work!
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    HIIT...high intensity interval training. You gotta work out really hard and sweat buckets! Drink a lot of water - some with electrolytes...gatorade 0 or low calorie to put fluid into muscles to avoid cramping.
    eat 12-1500 calories . :) good luck you can rock this!!
    (Fat cells are not muscle .. no conversion there.)
    Ps...you DO need to rest some...muscle grows and body recovers at rest
  • animini123
    animini123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Use this to work out your TDEE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Thanks for sharing this. Great info.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    But I have like30+lbs to lose...I just don't getnit
    When I was working out hard time I gained 5 and then lost 10. You will be fine. Give it more time. Your body is making wonderful changes from your working out. There's no race to the finish line, so enjoy the ride and let your body do it's think. Stick with it. Many people give up RIGHT BEFORE THE CHANGE OCCURS!!